Embargo Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
(noun) an official ban on any activity
(verb) impose an official ban on (trade or a country or commodity)
Embargo (एम्बार्गो) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अधिरोध, प्रतिबंध, व्यापार घाट बंदी, व्यापार प्रतिरोघ, व्यापार रोक, अधिरोधन, प्रतिषेध
- early 17th century: from Spanish, from embargar ‘arrest’, based on Latin in- ‘in, within’ + barra ‘a bar’
Embargo in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Have not imposed any embargo on supplies to Nepal: India
- President Barack Obama wants to see an end to the US trade embargo against the communist-ruled island.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday called on his country’s lawmakers to lift the five-decade-old trade embargo against Cuba.
- Russia’s food embargo involves a one-year ban on meat, fish, dairy, fruit and vegetable imports from certain countries.
- he Excise department has put an embargo on the sale of liquor for four days between October 21 and October 24 due to Durga Puja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of embargo
- embargo = bar + go = ban on bars
The History Of America’s Cuba Embargo
laid-back Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(adj) relaxed and easy-going
Laid-back meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- Presumably originally a metaphor — literally, “sitting in a tilted-back chair”, a relaxed posture of low defensive readiness.
Laid-back in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- There’s just something about the chilled out, laid back attitude of Goa town that makes you want to let your hair down.
- I’m laid back and down to earth person.
- It offers a laid-back pace and blends medieval architecture, scores of cafes, restaurants, boutiques and the zesty weekly market.
- To get that laid-back, uber cool look, distressed ripped jeans are another famed option that college-goers are opting for.
- We love Alia Bhatt’s laid-back approach to style.
How to Become More Laid Back | Better You
Ramification Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Picture Dictionary
Ramification [ram-uh-fi-key-shuh n]
- (noun) a complex or unwelcome consequence of an action or event.“any change is bound to have legal ramifications”
- (noun) a branch “ramifications of a nerve”
Ramification (रैमफकेशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उपशाखा, शाखों में बांटने का काम, जटिलता
- mid 17th century: from French, from ramifier ‘form branches’
Ramification in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- The case is likely to be handed over the National Investigation Agency as the crime involved is of international ramification.
- This is going to have far-reaching ramification in the states,” Mushahary said.
- For every violent act, there were ramifications.
- As a ramification of Wilson’s disease, copper continually accumulates in Saba’s vital organs, severely damaging her liver and brain.
- The move has wide-ranging ramification for the demographic pattern of the states, particularly Bengal.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ramification
- Ram jaldi se fix kar de nahi toh be ready for ramification
hold your horses Idiom Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Hold your horses
- wait a moment, Hold on; be patient.
Hold your horses meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Hold your horses Origin
- A 19th-century USA origin, where it was written as ‘hold your hosses’ (“hoss” being a US slang term for horse) and appears in print that way many times from 1843 onwards.
‘Hold your horses’ in a sentence (word usage in news)
- Hold your horses; any fresh investment in PSBs could be dangerous.
- If you were planning to upgrade your router to a premium state-of-the-art router, we say, hold your horses!
- “I would say ‘hold your horses‘. We are not quite to an agreement yet,” Sherman said, referring to India and other buyers of Iranian oil.
- You’ve bought your dream bike and can’t wait to take it out for a spin. But hold your horses — you’re not completely ready to hit the roads.
- Hold your horses, it is still the same old Rohit Sharma.
Hold your Horses – Minecraft Animation
Furtive Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive.
Furtive (फर्टिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गुप्त, रहस्यमय, चुराया हुआ, छिपाते हुए, लुके छिपे, चोरी छिपे
- early 17th century: from French furtif, -ive or Latin furtivus, from furtum ‘theft’.
Furtive in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- “Unlike Chris’ furtive relationship with Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth doesn’t mind making her happiness with Brad fully known.
- A furtive phone chat on a terrace amid clothes drying under the sun.
- She is wracked by a sense of guilt and loss after a furtive sexual adventure in a seedy hotel goes awry and ends in tragedy.
- The police described his manner as “furtive, angry and distressed,” shortly after they brought into the station.
- As Ram Dhan sits talking animatedly, he throws furtive glances at the shut kitchen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of furtive
- Furtive ~ FARTive , subke saamne Fart karoge toh chupna padega
Chori Chori Chupke Chupke – FURTIVE