Transgress Vocab Meme + Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Transgress [trans-gres, tranz-] (verb)
- go to against a rule; to violate a law, command, moral code, etc.; offend; sin.
- pass beyond (limits or boundaries)
Transgress Word usage:
- Little bird Seagull transgressed like a boss !
- Those are the rules and anyone who transgresses will be severely punished.
Transgress Word Usage in News:
Perfidious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Perfidious [per-fid-ee-uhs] (adjective)
- tending to betray, faithless, treacherous, disloyalty
- deliberate breach of faith or trust; faithlessness; treachery
Perfidious Word Usage
- Perfidious lover was castigated by her husband
Perfidious Word Usage in News:
Oblivious Vocab Meme
Oblivious [uh-bliv-ee-uhs] (adjective)
- Not aware of what is happening around
- condition of being forgotten,exile,inattentive,unmindful
Oblivious Word usage
- John was oblivious to the danger around him.
Oblivious Word Usage in recent News:
Apple Maps steers oblivious motorists onto airport runway
Oblivious man spends night with crocodile under bed
Juxtaposition Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to you Word list
Juxtapostion [juhk-stuh-puh-zish-uhn] (noun)
- the act of positioning close together (or side by side)
- the state of being close together or side by side
especially used for comparison or contrast.
- to place close together or side by side
Juxtaposition Word Usage:
- Juxtaposition of hens with different heights.
Juxtaposition Word Usage in recent news:
Retribution Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List.
Retribution [re-truh-byoo-shuhn] (noun)
- the act of taking revenge
- well deserved punishment
Retribution word usage:
- The dog succumbed to cat’s retribution.
Retribution word usage in news:
Kenya Attack: Al-Shabaab Seeks Retribution in Nairobi
Boris Johnson: US only power able to deliver Syria retribution