- (adj) (of a person or manner) feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm;“she gave a nonchalant shrug”
Nonchalant (नान्शलान्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बेपरवाह, उदासीन, निर्लज्ज
- mid 18th century: from French, literally ‘not being concerned’, from the verb nonchaloir.
Nonchalant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nitish stays nonchalant. Chief minister Nitish Kumar today said he had more important things on his plate than pondering over “anyone’s” words.
- Worrying percentage of students nonchalant about cyber security.
- LeSean McCoy nonchalant about civil suit.
- There is still a nonchalant attitude toward marijuana use by young persons at the high school level for sure.
- The actress said her director’s nonchalant attitude was cultural.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonchalant
- nonchalant = non + challenge (koi matlab hi nahi hai)
- (verb) take small bites out of; “he nibbled a biscuit”
- (informal) show cautious interest in a commercial opportunity;“there’s an American agent nibbling”
- (noun) an act or instance of nibbling.
Nibble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: probably of Low German or Dutch origin; compare with Low German nibbeln ‘gnaw’.
Nibble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fish pedicures are beauty treatments that use dozens of tiny fish to nibble away dead and hardened skin from the feet.
- Do you have a habit of nibbling on biscuits, nuts, bread and other high-calorie snacks while cooking? Here’s why you need to stop doing that.
- You can nibble on the crispy edges of a hot crepe oozing with chocolate hazelnut spread or billowy whipped cream.
- It is they, not squirrels – who at least occasionally nibble attractively on nuts.
- The key to the work will be a flock of sheep that will nibble unwanted vegetation.
- (adj) of or relating to or used in cooking; “culinary skills”
Culinary (क्यूलनेरी / क्यूलिनेरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from Latin culinarius, from culina ‘kitchen’.
Culinary in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- How Ayesha Curry Turned Her Passion Project Into A Culinary Career.
- Chefs From 15 Nations at Spice Route Culinary Festival.
- Culinary classes in Kinkora school open doors for students.
- Culinary Arts Program Launches at Tilly Foster.
- The 10 Best Culinary Schools in America.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of culinary
- culinary = curry = cooking related
- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
indict Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) formally accuse of or charge with a crime; “he was indicted for murder”
indict (इन्डाइट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अभियोग लगाना, दोष लगाना, अपराध लगाना, न्यायालय के सामने दोषी ठहराना
- Middle English endite, indite, from Anglo-Norman French enditer, based on Latin indicere ‘proclaim, appoint’, from in- ‘towards’ + dicere ‘pronounce, utter’.
indict in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Brazil’s Senate met on Tuesday to vote on whether to indict President Dilma Rousseff on charges of breaking budget laws.
- US prosecutors indict three in multimillion-dollar text message scam.
- Mark Schwarz reports from Rio on police’s recommendation to indict Ryan Lochte and James Feigen being on charges of falsely reporting a crime.
- JNU probe compromised, fails to indict the offenders: ABVP
- Japan Prosecutors Indict South Korean After Shrine Blast: Reports
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of indict
- indict = india + court (ct) ; it can indict you for a crime