- (adj) (especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with;“the individual’s right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct”
Sacrosanct (सैक्रोसैंगक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: from Latin sacrosanctus, from sacro ‘by a sacred rite’ (ablative of sacrum ) + sanctus ‘holy’.
Sacrosanct in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Operational military matters are sacrosanct and discussing them like movie reviews is foolishness.
- The Supreme Court is the highest court of the land and its word is final and sacrosanct.
- All three forces — Army, Air Force and Navy — are treated as sacrosanct in India.
- The Indian society may consider marriage to be sacrosanct.
- Independence of judiciary is sacrosanct, says law minister RS Prasad.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sacrosanct
- Sacrosanct = Sacro (100’s) + “sant” ; something must be ‘sacred’ here.
- (noun) an afternoon rest or nap, especially one taken during the hottest hours of the day in a hot climate; “everyone had a siesta for a few hours”
Siesta (सीएस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: Spanish, from Latin sexta (hora ) ‘sixth hour’.
Siesta in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A lunchtime siesta is also said to improve cognitive processing, reinforce memory, boost creativity and balance emotions.
- Chaurasia, who has a shop near the building, used to saunter on to the terrace every afternoon for a siesta.
- Is a midday siesta good for you?
- That might keep the boss at bay while you take an afternoon siesta at work!
- She has no time for afternoon siesta and two prime-time soap operas on television are her only entertainment of the day.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of siesta
- (adj) (of a person or manner) feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm;“she gave a nonchalant shrug”
Nonchalant (नान्शलान्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बेपरवाह, उदासीन, निर्लज्ज
- mid 18th century: from French, literally ‘not being concerned’, from the verb nonchaloir.
Nonchalant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nitish stays nonchalant. Chief minister Nitish Kumar today said he had more important things on his plate than pondering over “anyone’s” words.
- Worrying percentage of students nonchalant about cyber security.
- LeSean McCoy nonchalant about civil suit.
- There is still a nonchalant attitude toward marijuana use by young persons at the high school level for sure.
- The actress said her director’s nonchalant attitude was cultural.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonchalant
- nonchalant = non + challenge (koi matlab hi nahi hai)
- (verb) take small bites out of; “he nibbled a biscuit”
- (informal) show cautious interest in a commercial opportunity;“there’s an American agent nibbling”
- (noun) an act or instance of nibbling.
Nibble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: probably of Low German or Dutch origin; compare with Low German nibbeln ‘gnaw’.
Nibble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fish pedicures are beauty treatments that use dozens of tiny fish to nibble away dead and hardened skin from the feet.
- Do you have a habit of nibbling on biscuits, nuts, bread and other high-calorie snacks while cooking? Here’s why you need to stop doing that.
- You can nibble on the crispy edges of a hot crepe oozing with chocolate hazelnut spread or billowy whipped cream.
- It is they, not squirrels – who at least occasionally nibble attractively on nuts.
- The key to the work will be a flock of sheep that will nibble unwanted vegetation.
- (adj) of or relating to or used in cooking; “culinary skills”
Culinary (क्यूलनेरी / क्यूलिनेरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from Latin culinarius, from culina ‘kitchen’.
Culinary in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- How Ayesha Curry Turned Her Passion Project Into A Culinary Career.
- Chefs From 15 Nations at Spice Route Culinary Festival.
- Culinary classes in Kinkora school open doors for students.
- Culinary Arts Program Launches at Tilly Foster.
- The 10 Best Culinary Schools in America.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of culinary
- culinary = curry = cooking related