Ramble Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) walk for pleasure in the countryside; “I spent most of my spare time rambling and climbing”
- (verb) talk or write at length in a confused or inconsequential way; “I’m not going to ramble on about environmental issues”
- (verb) (of a plant) put out long shoots and grow over walls or other plants; “roses climbed, rambled, hung over walls”
- (noun) a walk taken for pleasure in the countryside; “I had looked forward to a leisurely ramble amongst the hills”
Ramble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- घूमना, भ्रमण करना, सैर करना, इधर-उधर भटकना
- late Middle English (in sense 2 of the verb): probably related to Middle Dutch rammelen, used of animals in the sense ‘wander about on heat’, also to the noun ram.
Ramble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He tends to ramble and his long-winded verbal deluge can be torture.
- He does ramble along, talking conversationally – in a state that makes a fetish of oratory delivered in literary Tamil.
- The story seems to ramble on for a bit too long without making a very strong point.
- Don’t ramble on and keep it short and sweet.
- Yes, some people would like to post a 10,000 word ramble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ramble
- ramble ~ ram ram ram ram ram (stop rambling)
Penitent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong; repentant; “she stood with her hands joined below her waist like a penitent child”
- (noun) a person who repents their sins and (in the Christian Church) seeks forgiveness from God.
- (noun) (in the Roman Catholic Church) a person who confesses their sins to a priest and submits to the penance that he imposes.
Penitent (पेनिटन्ट / पेनिटिन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पश्चातापी, पछताने या अफ़सोस करने वाला, तोबा करनेवाला व्यक्ति, अनुतापी
- Middle English: from Old French, from Latin paenitent- ‘repenting’, from the verb paenitere.
Penitent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Penitent, he attempted to reconcile himself to his father, but King Henry II feared that this was a trick and refused to attend his son.
- Kalam was penitent after this reproachful decision.
- Forget that wildling that tried to kill you, you’re done with that penitent sex thing.
- I am also penitent that the State Govt. put restrictions on the payment of the cheques but Bandh will not solve such problems permanently.
- They were like penitent schoolboys and confessed sheepishly, ‘We won’t ever repeat this.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penitent
- he went in the ‘tent’ and gave a ‘penny’ as a bribe, later on he was penitent that he should have not paid bribe.
Pinnacle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the most successful point; the culmination; “he had reached the pinnacle of his career”
- (noun) a high, pointed piece of rock; “soaring pinnacles of rock”
- (verb) raise on or as if on a pinnacle
Pinnacle (पिनकल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शिखर, चरम सीमा, कलश, पर्वतशिखा, चरम सीमा पर चढ़ना
- Middle English: from Old French, from late Latin pinnaculum, diminutive of pinna ‘wing, point’.
Pinnacle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Assembly election results catapult BJP to the pinnacle of Indian politics.
- Madhya Pradesh State Tourism Development Corporation taken tourism development in the state to the pinnacle.
- Though there is nothing new in this, as this has been practised since long, but now it has reached to its pinnacle.
- The Les Blues will be look to make the most of home advantage and surge to pinnacle of European football for the first time since 2000.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was the pinnacle. But it could also be seen in Karan Johar’s Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pinnacle
- pine ke tree pei chhad jao and try to reach Pinnacle
Ennui Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the feeling of being bored by something tedious
Ennui (आन्वी / एनूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलस, ऊब, थकान, कुछ की वजह से ऊब की भावना
- mid 18th century: French, from Latin in odio(n- ), from mihi in odio est ‘it is hateful to me’.
Ennui in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I’m curious (and wonder if you agree) if a certain degree of superhero ennui may have settled in for Apocalypse.
- Back in 2014, White said he wasn’t sick of the ubiquitous song yet, and if ennui has set it since then, this should make him love it all over again.
- Some of Mrs. Clinton’s stalwarts in the Media are becoming anxious over their own ennui. “Why don’t I feel more excited?”
- His plan was to become a novelist, but, with creativity and inspiration giving way to boredom and ennui.
- There’s a feeling of low-level ennui here; a feeling that blurs sensation, save for the bright spots and moments that break through the bubble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ennui
- ennui = ‘ae’ + ‘nahi’ ho paayega bhaiya because i am bored
Lackadaisical Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy; “I was lackadaisical about my training”
Lackadaisical meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 18th century (also in the sense ‘feebly sentimental’): from lackaday or its obsolete extended form lackadaisy.
Lackadaisical in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Lethargic, lackadaisical and insensitive bureaucracy in India.
- World in reality has a lackadaisical approach to Tibet’s Panchen Lama.
- The writing is also curiously confused and lackadaisical.
- All three films seem to be lackadaisical when it comes to building the character of the hero.
- In its earlier orders, the court has observed that a lackadaisical approach on part of law-enforcing agencies.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lackadaisical
- lackadaisical = lacking + spirit