(noun) a severe reproof or rebuke, especially a formal one by a person in authority; “the golfer received a reprimand for a breach of rules”
(verb) rebuke formally “officials were reprimanded for poor work”
Reprimand (रेप्रमैन्ड / रेप्रीमान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
फटकार, निंदा करना, डांटना, डाँट, घुड़की
- mid 17th century: from French réprimande, via Spanish from Latin reprimenda, ‘things to be held in check’, neuter plural gerundive of reprimere.
Reprimand in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj and party MLA Sangeet Som on Monday rejected media reports that they were reprimanded by party chief Amit Shah.
- Wankhede curator asks BCCI to reprimand Ravi Shastri.
- This comes amid reports that Shah on Sunday summoned and reprimanded several top party leaders for making controversial comments.
- All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee.
- Ensure to reprimand/report anyone teasing stray animals. (No tying crackers to tails or hurling a live fire on an innocent animal.)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reprimand
- Reprimand = Remand ; jab police kissi ko remand per leti hai toh they scold severely (rebuke formally)
Software Engineer reprimanded – Sunny Deol Funny
Gratitude [grat-i-tood, -tyood]
(noun) the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness
Gratitude meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: from Old French, or from medieval Latin gratitudo, from Latin gratus ‘pleasing, thankful’
Gratitude in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Gratitude May be the Secret to Happy Marriage.
- Attitude defines success, gratitude defines happiness.
- The second way we can show gratitude for God’s gifts is to share the spirit of love with others.
- Chandrababu also expressed gratitude towards the farmers who voluntarily gave away their lands for the construction.
- The victim’s father expressed his gratitude to the police and the media for ensuring that justice was done to his 23-year-old daughter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gratitude
- Gratitude = great attitude = thanks
The Science of Happiness – An Experiment in Gratitude
Melancholic [mel-uh n-kol-ik]
(adj) sadness, or a person who feels this way
(adj) disposed to or affected with melancholy; gloomy
Melancholic (मेलन्कालिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अवसादग्रस्त, उदास, म्लान, विषादग्रस्त, विषादपूर्ण, उदासी की अवस्था
- Middle English: from Old French melancolie, via late Latin from Greek melankholia, from melas, melan- ‘black’ + kholē ‘bile’, an excess of which was formerly believed to cause depression
Melancholic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I felt melancholic about this.
- For it’s when we’re melancholic that words flow for most of us and the emoji simply usurps those words.
- But having said that, The Lovers and the Leavers is not a melancholic book.
- What is commendable is that both actors effortlessly transition from happy to melancholic to even angry in some scenes.
- His demeanour suggests a meditative melancholic mood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Melancholic
- melan = ‘black’ = sadness
Bollywood – Melancholic scenes
- (verb) smile broadly; “Guy grinned merrily at her”
- (noun) a broad smile; “a silly grin”
Grin (ग्रिन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मुसकान, खीस, मुसकुराहट, खीस हंसी, मुसकुराना, खीस निकालना
- Old English grennian ‘bare the teeth in pain or anger’, of Germanic origin; probably related to groan.
Grin in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- In the lead-up to the verdict, Schrems looked relaxed, flashing his trademark grin as he leaned against a row of seats inside the court room.
- A wide grin escaped Faf du Plessis’ mouth as he won the toss for a second game in a row and mindful of the dew, inserted India into bat.
- With a grin, he supplied the answer: “I say 113 years ago. I grew up with ‘the light’.
- Ram Babu is big, boisterous and welcomes everyone with a booming voice and every snap with a toothy grin.
- Ronaldinho has long been as renowned for his fun-loving lifestyle and toothy grin as his wonderful array of tricks and flicks on the football field.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of grin
- ‘g’+’rin’ – gallo pei rin lagage.. grin karo 🙂
Grin Ki Wajah tumh ho Full Video Song Aashiqui 2
Pedagogy [ped–uh-goh-jee, -goj-ee]
- (noun) the method and practice of teaching, especially as an academic subject or theoretical concept
Pedagogy (पेडगाजी / पेडगोजी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अध्यापन-कला, प्रशिक्षण, शिक्षण, शिक्षा, संशिक्षा, अध्यापन
- late 16th century: from French pédagogie, from Greek paidagōgia ‘office of a pedagogue’, from paidagōgos (see pedagogue)
Pedagogy in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pedagogy
- Pedagogy = ‘peda’ + ‘logy’ = study of peda. Headmaster – sahi answer pei peda milega. Ramu -“wah Sir! kya pedagogy hai”
What is Pedagogy?