- (noun) a very large mammal with thick skin, especially an elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus.
Pachyderm (पैकिडर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मोटे चमड़े का जनवार, मोटा चमड़ावाला पशु
- mid 19th century: from French pachyderme, from Greek pakhudermos, from pakhus ‘thick’ + derma ‘skin’.
Pachyderm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The pachyderm is believed to have strayed from neighbouring Dalma forest range.
- Poachers used AK-47 assault rifles to kill the adult male rhino and after killing the pachyderm they took away its horn.
- 37-year-old Namom native Srilal was attacked by an elephant as he tried to click a selfie with the pachyderm.
- Manmotha Mahato was attacked by the pachyderm this morning when he went to the forest to collect wood, forest officials said.
- He watches in horrified fascination as a monstrous python attempts to swallow the pachyderm from the rear.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Pachyderm
Pachyderm parade pleases crowd