- (adj) leadership or dominance, especially by one state or social group over others. “Germany was united under Prussian hegemony after 1871”
Hegemony meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आधिपत्य, नेतृत्व, नायकत्व
- mid 16th century: from Greek hēgemonia, from hēgemōn ‘leader’, from hēgeisthai ‘to lead’.
Hegemony in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India on the field, Around the same time that various Indian political groups began to challenge the Empire’s unquestioned hegemony, Indian teams began to …
- Indian hegemony over South-Asian rivers, Even though 40 percent of world’s poor live in this region, two South Asian countries, India and Pakistan have attained the status of nuclear …
- OPINION: Trade relations with Pakistan symbolic, … as long as it can resist India’s purported drive for regional hegemony as well as … On the trade ladder, Pakistan is India’s 48th largest partner.
- Hegemony unhinged, Pakistan-India relations have already taken a hit with Islamabad’s decision to withdraw its high commissioner in Delhi. And all this so soon after …
- The US, China, and power politics in the Indian Ocean, … the Indian Ocean as a ‘zone of peace’. One could instead argue that the conflict arises out of the US’s desire to maintain its hegemony and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hegemony
- hegemony:he’s got money,so he’s domineering in the society and he control others.
- hege (to have in punjabi)+ mony(sounds like MONEY)….a nation which has money is powerful and wealthy nations always dominate the poorer nations.
'Hegemony of Western media has to end' – Arnab Goswami at RT conference