Quaff Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) drink (something, especially an alcoholic drink) heartily; “he quaffed pint after pint”
- (noun) an alcoholic drink; “porter is a dark, malty quaff”
Quaff (क्वाफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गटकना, खूब पीना, खलाना, ख़ाली करना, डगडगाकर पीना, एक ही साँस में पीना
- early 16th century: probably imitative of the sound of drinking.
Quaff in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Wines to quaff this summer.
- And athletes reportedly quaff diluted vinegar and sodium before events as a way of reducing cramps.
- And although the craft beer industry is still rather nascent, there’s already a barrage of microbreweries offering the perfect quaff.
- she said taking a long quaff of her precious tea.
- But as the night advanced and Jahangir became dizzy with wine (it is said he could quaff several cups in one sitting).
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quaff
- you will ‘cough’ if you ‘quaff’ a beer bottle
Guess who is quaffing here
Palliate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) make (a disease or its symptoms) less severe without removing the cause; “treatment works by palliating symptoms”
- (verb) lessen or to try to lessen the seriousness or extent of (an offence); “if only there were some way to palliate his dirty deed”
- allay or moderate (fears or suspicions).
Palliate (पैलीएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- रोग शमन करना, चुप्पी साधना, अल्पीकरण, घटाना, न्यूनीकरण, लघूकरण, कम करना, हलका करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin palliat- ‘cloaked’, from the verb palliare, from pallium ‘cloak’.
Palliate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The main concern for these patients are the symptoms that they’re having and our need to really palliate these things as soon as we can.
- Doctors are trained first to diagnose, treat and fix — and second, to comfort, palliate and soothe.
- To ‘palliate‘ is to reduce pain and not to cure the disease itself.
- An app to palliate parking woes.
- Somehow I believed that going to India would help palliate the guilt that’s layered me since I left the country as a teen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of palliative
- (friend) PAL will ALLEVIATE your pain.
Palliative Care Versus Hospice
Adventitious Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) associated by chance and not an integral part; “adventitious similarities”
- (adj) coming from outside; not native; “the adventitious population”
- (Biology) formed accidentally or in an unusual anatomical position.
- (Botany) (of a root, shoot, etc.) produced in an unusual part of a plant.
Adventitious (ऐड्वन्टिशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अनित्य, आकस्मिक, आगन्तुक, आनुषंगिक, बाहरी, सांयोगिक, अपस्थानिक
- early 17th century: from Latin adventicius ‘coming to us from abroad’ (from advenire ‘arrive’) + -ous.
Adventitious in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- We had a long chat with him and he showed us how one of the ancient trees has developed adventitious roots within its hollow trunk.
- This was largely on account of reduced spreads and adventitious loss of `1,197cr.
- To ensure that the sample is not at risk to adventitious contamination, several types of Petri dishes now come equipped with lockable lids.
- If people can reconcile Sita and Fatima, it shows that the barriers we made between Hinduism and Islam are adventitious, and not inherent.
- In order to avoid adventitious light effects, the pictures were taken only early in the morning, on overcast days in spring or autumn.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of adventitious
- adventitious = adventurous = happening by chance
Adventitious Breath Sounds
Ado Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
- (noun) a state of agitation or fuss; “this is much ado about almost nothing”
Ado (अडू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कष्ट, गड़बड़ी, झमेला, परेशानी, बखेड़ा, बतंगड़
- from Spanish and Portuguese -ado, or refashioning of Italian -ata, Spanish -ada, based on Latin -atus (past participial suffix of verbs ending in -are ).
Ado in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Much Ado about Nothing.
- After much ado, Pakistan teams get go ahead to travel to India.
- Rail Budget was much ado about nothing: Opposition
- The prime minister then spoke and, without much ado, took the fight straight to the critics, a few of whom, like me, were seated in the front row.
- Budget 2016, is it much Ado about nothing?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Ado
- Ado = do.. do.. do… wait I am doing your work. Don’t create so much ado for nothing.
Much ado about ‘Yoruba Demons”
Addle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) (humorous) make (someone) unable to think clearly; confuse; “being in love must have addled your brain”
- (verb) (of an egg) become rotten, producing no chick.
- (adj) not clear or cogent; muddled; “the film is addle-brained”
Addle (ऐडल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सड़ा, सड़ाना, ऊसर, निकम्मा, गंदा, खाली
- Middle English (in sense 2 of the adjective): from Old English adela ‘liquid filth’, of Germanic origin; related to Dutch aal and German Adel ‘mire, puddle’
Addle in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Voters feel anger but not enough to addle their judgment in elections that actually matter.
- Did Paris attackers addle your brains?
- Absolutely unexpected meetings with nature can addle you that way.
- Volunteers will be instructed on how to addle new eggs.
- Hey, Granholm, how addle-brained are the people of Mississippi that they would elect someone who is so transparently dishonest as you?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of addle
- addle = add + all… Add everything and you will get confused
Bheja Fry – Addle