immure Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) enclose or confine (someone) against their will; “her brother was immured in a lunatic asylum”
immure (इम्युर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 16th century: from French emmurer or medieval Latin immurare, from in- ‘in’ + murus ‘wall’.
immure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Well, intellectual though he was, with a personal library of some 50,000 books, Eco didn’t immure himself in the proverbial Ivory Tower.
- The real question, then as now, was: do we want to immure ourselves in Europe as part of an economic and political bloc.
- In trying to immure her five daughters within a house of mourning for eight years, she is trying to preserve values of respectability and chastity.
- Instead of drawing from sounds outside the genre, the artists opt to immure themselves in nostalgia.
- That walls are sad: made to immure misery.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of immure
- immure – eh + more ko andar band karo
Trady Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) delaying or delayed beyond the right or expected time; late; “please forgive this tardy reply”
Tardy (टार्डी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi dictionary)
- आलसी, ढीला, दीर्घसूत्री, धीमा,मन्द, मन्दगति, विलम्बी, सुस्त, मंथर, मंदा
- mid 16th century: from French tardif, -ive, from Latin tardus ‘slow’
Tardy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Protesters decry ‘tardy‘ progress in murder probe.
- Uber Trials Late Fine for Tardy Riders.
- Irrigation minister T Harish Rao was dissatisfied over the tardy progress of work in the second phase of Mission Kakatiya.
- Tardy reporting not acceptable.
- BJP divided over ‘tardy pace of CBI probe’.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of tardy
- tardy – tired- slow- sluggish
Racket Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an illegal or dishonest scheme for obtaining money.
- (noun) a loud unpleasant noise; a din; “the kids were making a racket”
- (verb) enjoy oneself socially; go in pursuit of pleasure or entertainment; “she should settle down to raise a family instead of racketing about the world enjoying herself”
- (noun) a bat with a round or oval frame strung with catgut, nylon, etc., used especially in tennis, badminton, and squash; “a squash racket”
Racket (रैकिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- धोखाधड़ी, शोर कोलाहल मचाना, बेईमानी से कमाया धन
- mid 16th century: perhaps imitative of clattering
Racket in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Uttar Pradesh STF busted the AIPMT racket.
- Child trafficking racket busted, 67 children rescued.
- Hi-tech railway exam racket busted in Agra, six arrested.
- Cricket betting racket busted, 5 held.
- Cops bust international online sex racket, four arrested.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of racket
- 1000 squash racket ka racket
Racket Vs Racquet pronunciation
Quack Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a person who dishonestly claims to have special knowledge and skill in some field, typically medicine; “a quack doctor”
- (noun) the harsh sound of a duck
Quack (क्वैक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिथ्या चिकित्सक, बतख की बोली
- mid 17th century: abbreviation of earlier quacksalver, from Dutch, probably from obsolete quacken ‘prattle’ + salf, zalf
Quack in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Woman dies after being treated by quack.
- Quack held for conducting surgeries.
- Quack held for sale of unauthorized drugs.
- Gangs of crooks mostly quacks in Chittoor district are earning in crores claiming to extract stones from kidneys of innocent and illiterate people.
- Quack couple held in raid.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quack
- quack ~ hack. If you hack into a doctor profession (without studying medicine), u r a Quack
Quaff Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) drink (something, especially an alcoholic drink) heartily; “he quaffed pint after pint”
- (noun) an alcoholic drink; “porter is a dark, malty quaff”
Quaff (क्वाफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गटकना, खूब पीना, खलाना, ख़ाली करना, डगडगाकर पीना, एक ही साँस में पीना
- early 16th century: probably imitative of the sound of drinking.
Quaff in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Wines to quaff this summer.
- And athletes reportedly quaff diluted vinegar and sodium before events as a way of reducing cramps.
- And although the craft beer industry is still rather nascent, there’s already a barrage of microbreweries offering the perfect quaff.
- she said taking a long quaff of her precious tea.
- But as the night advanced and Jahangir became dizzy with wine (it is said he could quaff several cups in one sitting).
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quaff
- you will ‘cough’ if you ‘quaff’ a beer bottle
Guess who is quaffing here