Appellation (ऐपलेशन / ऐपलैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
नाम, पदवी, संज्ञा, उपपद, उपाधि
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin appellatio(n- ), from the verb appellare
Appellation in a sentence (word usage in sentence)
- The Islamic word Allah is therefore not an innovation but the ancient Sanskrit appellation retained and continued to be used by Islam.
- Long after the actor went back to Hyderabad, media circles struggled to get the correct appellation for the actor’s sartorial choice.
- Meanwhile, Sushil Kumar Modi started calling himself SuMo, aping Narendra Modi’s appellation NaMo.
- Hajj Amin (hajj is the appellation of a Muslim who has made the obligatory pilgrimage to Mecca) was a trouble-maker right from the beginning.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of appellation
- appellation = apple + nation => mere nation ka naam apple hai 🙂
raj naam (appellation) to suna hoga_rab ne bana di jodi
(verb) (with reference to an organized group) break up or cause to break up;“the unit was scheduled to disband”
Disband (डिस्बैन्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
छिन्न-भिन्न करना, सेना तोड़ना, तोड़ना, उखड़ना, बिखरना, तितर बितर करना
- late 16th century: from obsolete French desbander
Disband in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- Earlier this year, the AAP central committee had decided to disband all state committees.
- Paween said he would disband his unit, raising concerns about protection for police officers.
- He’s even suggested that he’ll disband the collaborative completely if all parties don’t play by the rules.
- The reccomendation should have gone a little further and disband the West Indies cricket team!
- As a result the DHRP party may have to disband according to electoral laws.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of disband
- disband = dis + band ; School band was disbanded (तितर बितर करना)
(noun) a severe reproof or rebuke, especially a formal one by a person in authority; “the golfer received a reprimand for a breach of rules”
(verb) rebuke formally “officials were reprimanded for poor work”
Reprimand (रेप्रमैन्ड / रेप्रीमान्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
फटकार, निंदा करना, डांटना, डाँट, घुड़की
- mid 17th century: from French réprimande, via Spanish from Latin reprimenda, ‘things to be held in check’, neuter plural gerundive of reprimere.
Reprimand in a sentence (word usage in Newspaper)
- BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj and party MLA Sangeet Som on Monday rejected media reports that they were reprimanded by party chief Amit Shah.
- Wankhede curator asks BCCI to reprimand Ravi Shastri.
- This comes amid reports that Shah on Sunday summoned and reprimanded several top party leaders for making controversial comments.
- All Level 1 breaches carry a minimum penalty of an official reprimand and a maximum penalty of 50 per cent of a player’s match fee.
- Ensure to reprimand/report anyone teasing stray animals. (No tying crackers to tails or hurling a live fire on an innocent animal.)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of reprimand
- Reprimand = Remand ; jab police kissi ko remand per leti hai toh they scold severely (rebuke formally)
Software Engineer reprimanded – Sunny Deol Funny
Lend a hand
(idiom) assist in an action or enterprise
‘Lend a hand’ meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
‘Lend a hand’ Origin
- The first known written use of “Lend me your hand” was used by Chaucer and later writers in the sense, to temporarily assign that part of your body to someone else’s use, or assist someone.
‘Lend a hand’ in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Hindus lend a hand for Muslim wedding.
- Microsoft to lend helping hand to start-ups in urban India.
- Everyone should lend a hand and make sure that it reaches the masses.
- The actor has decided to lend a helping hand to all cancer victims.
- Can You Lend A Helping Hand?
Ddlj funny train documentary
Divulge [dih-vuhlj, dahy-]
(verb) make known (private or sensitive information)
Divulge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
प्रकट करना, रहस्य खोलना, खोल देना, प्रकाशित करना, एलान करना, घोषणा करना, भेद खोलना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘announce publicly’): from Latin divulgare, from di- ‘widely’ + vulgare ‘publish’ (from vulgus ‘common people’)
Divulge in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- The UDP leader, however, refused to divulge the names who are in the fray for the UDP ticket.
- Cyril doesn’t divulge much about the film — he specifically says he won’t reveal why Kattappa kills the title character.
- Police refused to divulge information about his remand or exact charges with us, which amounts to denial of legal rights.
- Meanwhile, he refused to divulge steps being taken to rescue two other tigers.
- The AIIMS authorities, however, refused to divulge details about the report.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of divulge
- divulge (रहस्य खोलना) directly yaad kar lo 🙂
7 Celebrities Divulge Their Food Indulgences – Harper’s Bazaar