Onus Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Onus [oh-nuh s]
- (noun) a difficult or disagreeable obligation, task, burden, etc.
Onus (ओनस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- mid 17th century: from Latin, literally ‘load or burden’.
Onus in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Spectrum adequate, call drops onus lies with telcos.
- Onus on government, AIFF to lift Indian football.
- Onus lies on Kathmandu to ease crisis.
- First Onus on Food Recall Lies with Business Operator.
- The onus is not on the school. It is on us as parents.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning on Onus
- On + Us… tumhara burden mere upar hai
English lesson 101 – Onus. Vocabulary & Grammar lessons
hold your horses Idiom Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Hold your horses
- wait a moment, Hold on; be patient.
Hold your horses meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Hold your horses Origin
- A 19th-century USA origin, where it was written as ‘hold your hosses’ (“hoss” being a US slang term for horse) and appears in print that way many times from 1843 onwards.
‘Hold your horses’ in a sentence (word usage in news)
- Hold your horses; any fresh investment in PSBs could be dangerous.
- If you were planning to upgrade your router to a premium state-of-the-art router, we say, hold your horses!
- “I would say ‘hold your horses‘. We are not quite to an agreement yet,” Sherman said, referring to India and other buyers of Iranian oil.
- You’ve bought your dream bike and can’t wait to take it out for a spin. But hold your horses — you’re not completely ready to hit the roads.
- Hold your horses, it is still the same old Rohit Sharma.
Hold your Horses – Minecraft Animation
Belittle Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) dismiss (someone or something) as unimportant.“the opposition belittled the government’s successes”
Belittle (बिलिटल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अपमान करना, अनादर करना , छोटा करना या समझना
- 1775-85, Americanism; be- + little
Belittle in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- In no way am I trying to belittle anyone with a chronic condition. I truly empathize and sympathize with others fighting a chronic beast.
- He never uttered a word but here on the huge amount of Rs 1.25 lakh crore, he is seeking to criticise it, undo it, belittle it,” he said.
- Qureshi purports to belittle Saif by using girlie terms of endearment like ‘Meri Jaan’, ‘Meri Bachchi’.
- In this six-minute video, Fox hosts and guests repeatedly belittle, insult, harass, and objectify women.
- But as a professional, you should always be mature even if some tries to belittle what you have achieved.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of belittle
- Belittle – ‘beta’ tuh ‘little’ hai… jaa bache jaa
Belittle – Explaination
Melodrama Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Picture dictionary
Melodrama [mel-uh-drah-muh, -dram-uh]
- (noun) a sensational dramatic piece with exaggerated characters and exciting events intended to appeal to the emotions.
Melodrama (मेलड्राम) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भावों को आगृत करनेवाला नाटक, अतिनाटक
- early 19th century: from French mélodrame, from Greek melos ‘music’ + French drame ‘drama’.
Melodrama in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Brothers review: Subhash Ghai type melodrama meets Mortal Kombat, audience dies of boredom
- ‘Kaun Kitne Paani Mein’ is marred by its plodding pace, heavy melodrama, and a needless vulgar streak.
- Less melodrama and make-up makes her look much superior to her small screen counterparts.
- melodrama is a feature of Indian politics.
- It’s not a love story, but a full-fledged wedding melodrama,” she says.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of melodrama
- Melodrama mein chhupa hai “drama”
Maa Ka Phone – melodrama melodrama
Contented Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Contended [kuh n-ten-tid]
- (adj) feeling or expressing happiness or satisfaction.“I felt warm and contented”
- (adj) willing to accept something; satisfied.“I was never contented with half measures”
- (adj) accept as adequate despite wanting more or better.“we contented ourselves with a few small purchases”
Contended (कन्टेन्टड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin contentus ‘satisfied’, past participle of continere
Contented in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- In the initial overs of the morning session at The Oval, both batsmen looked contented to leave balls and defend nicely.
- She had a child in the first year of marriage and told us she was quite contented in her new home.
- I will die a contented man.
- He was contented, concerned about people around him and their families, and was polite and punctual.
- The more worldly pleasure we enjoy, the less satisfied and contented we are with life.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of contented
- Container agar bhara hoga.. toh satisfied hoga…
Mr India – Mogambo Khush Hua – Amrish Puri – Hindi Action Scene