Abeyance [uh–bey–uh ns]
- (noun) a state of temporary disuse or suspension; “the project was left in abeyance for the time being”
Abeyance (अबेअन्स / अबैअन्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ठहराव, दुविधा, निलम्बन, विलंब, क्षणिक विराम
- late 16th century (in the legal sense): from Old French abeance ‘aspiration to a title’, from abeer ‘aspire after’, from a- ‘towards’ + beer ‘to gape’.
Abeyance in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of abeyance
- Abey – ance = obey – ance –> If you do not obey, you delay things
State govt keep in abeyance decision to extend bar timings
Aberrant [uh–ber–uh nt, ab-er-]
- (adj) departing from an accepted standard; “aberrant behaviour”
- (noun) an aberrant person, thing, group, etc.
Aberrant (अबेरन्ट / ऐबेरन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- धर्मपथ से हटनेवाला,शरीर में सामान्य से हटकर विभिन्न नलिकाएँ,पथ भ्रष्ट
Origin of Aberrant
- mid 16th century: from Latin aberrant- ‘wandering away’, from the verb aberrare, from ab- ‘away, from’ + errare ‘to stray’.
Aberrant in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
- Cult Members: Aberrant But are They Insane?
- The act of attacking humans is an aberrant behaviour on part of the leopards, but this is the symptom not the cause of the problem.
- We say that cancer begins often with a single aberrant cell.
- Keeping in mind its aberrant behavior, it would have been prudent to put a monitoring apparatus in place.
- An aberrant monsoon can lead to higher food and vegetable prices, fuelling inflation once again and, thereby, inhibiting the central bank from further cuts in interest rates.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Aberrant
- ‘Ab’ agar ‘ant’ ko ‘beer’ pila doge, toh woh Aberrant hi behave karegi
Nana Patekar Aberrant Comedy
- (adj) tearfully or weakly emotional; foolishly sentimental
- (adj) foolishly or mawkishly sentimental because of drunkenness
Maudlin (मॉड्लिन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शराब के नशे की भावुकता में, मूर्खता की हद तक भावुक. अतिभावुक
Maudlin in a sentence (usage in Newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Maudlin
- Maudlin – Model ko Lingerie mein rote hue dekha toh meri Aankh bhar aayi
Emosanal(maudlin) Attyachaar (Brass Band Version) – Dev D (2009) *HD* *BluRay*
- (adj) sentimental in an exaggerated or false way; “a long and mawkish poem”
Mawkish (मॉकिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अति भावुक, चापलूसीभरा, घिनौना, कुत्सित
Mawkish in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- The film, however, is best when it focuses on key issues of old age with subtlety and dignity, never making it mawkish.
- There are no grand designs, no mawkish emotions and yet it is deliciously entertaining.
- The protagonist may face unfavourable situations but they don’t make you mawkish.
- Wilson called her writing “mawkish and banal”.
- It’s hard to make a movie featuring a cancer-ridden protagonist without resorting to grating sentimentality and mawkish melodrama.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Mawkish
- “Maa” itna “kiss” mat karo, my friends find it mawkish (over senti)
Time to listen a Mawkish Song
Pompous [pom-puh s]
- (adj) puffed up with vanity; “a pompous ass who pretends he knows everything”
- (adj) characterized by pomp and ceremony and stately display
Pompous meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Pompous in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pompous
- Pomp ~ pump oneself ~ puffed with vanity
Pompous KRK – watch now