- (adj) vivacious and enthusiastic; “effervescent young people”
- (adj) (of a liquid) giving off bubbles; fizzy; “an effervescent mixture of cheap wine, fruit flavours, sugar, and carbon dioxide”
Effervescent (एफर्वेसन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उत्तेजित, उत्साहपूर्ण, प्रबुदबुद, चमकता हुआ, उत्साही व अति अनुरागी
- late 17th century: from Latin effervescent- ‘boiling up’, from the verb effervescere.
Effervescent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The young and effervescent Alia.
- It might be her best work so far – audacious, effervescent and all the while, completely unaffected.
- The effervescent actress, who made her debut in 2011 in ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’, elaborated that she has always maintained a low profile.
- Donning a musical avatar in Rock On 2, actress Shraddha Kapoor is as effervescent in person as she is on screen.
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor wore a red gown. the actor was as effervescent as always.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of effervescent
- effective scent lagaoge toh ladkiyon uchalengi… (Your scent can make girls effervescent)
- (noun) exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement.
- (noun) an old-fashioned term for a psychological disorder characterized by conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization) or a change in self-awareness.
Hysteria (हिस्टीरीअ / हिस्टेरीअ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (as an adjective): via Latin from Greek husterikos ‘of the womb’, from hustera ‘womb’ (hysteria being thought to be specific to women and associated with the womb).
Hysteria in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- New York Trump voters: ‘Enough with the hysteria‘.
- Democrats need to get past their hysteria and move on.
- In his biography on Khanna, Gautam Chintamani has attempted to explore the hysteria around him.
- Celebrating Girl Power: Hysteria and Hypocrisy.
- Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday ridiculed the ongoing family hysteria in the Samajwadi Party.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hysteria
- hysteria = history + mystery… creates lot of excitement… dinosaur hysteria
- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
- (verb) interpret (a person’s words or actions) wrongly; “his indifference can easily be misconstrued as arrogance”
Misconstrue (मिस्कन्स्ट्रू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गलत समझना, अशुद्ध अर्थ करना, गलत अर्थ लगाना
- 1350-1400; Middle English; mis-, construe
Misconstrue in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- However, unfortunately, a scarily large number of people misconstrue completely unrelated behaviour and traits as sexual consent.
- Don’t misconstrue religion as communalism: Badal
- Lot of things I say are misconstrued: Shah Rukh Khan.
- Don’t misconstrue SC order: Sanjiv Bhatt to Modi.
- They must not misconstrue individual mistakes as political issues and put pressure on the courts.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of misconstrue
- miscontrue = missing the truepart