- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest;“the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to;“the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate (सब्जगेट / सब्जगैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अधीन करना, जीतना, ग़ुलाम बनाना, दास बनाना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Cricket was becoming a business, and historically, businesses that subjugate their workers more often than not end up with industrial action.
- Modi wants to subjugate the judiciary and the media: AAP on JNU row.
- His was a talent none could subjugate or restrict,” says Salim Kumar.
- But u know, the Islam tells to kill or subjugate, or convert non-muslims, it’s written in their book.
- It has fought the wars evenly, we were never able to subjugate them convincingly.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- subjugate = “Sub” + “jhug” gaye mere saamne..
US plans to subjugate Russia, China