Tie the Knot
When two people get married, they “tie the knot.” Example: “After dating for five years, we finally decided to tie the knot.” When you tie “a” knot you wrap two pieces of rope around each other in a certain way so that they will not come apart. When you tie “the” knot you make a promise that you will stay together with one person whom you love. Example: “Did you hear about Dan and Jenny? They finally decided to tie the knot.” Two people are like two ropes and they get married to tie “the knot” which keeps them together. Example: “So, when are you two going to tie the knot?”
Tie the Knot usage in recent news (Tie the knot in a sentence)
Dia Mirza Finally Ties The Knot With Sahil Sangha
Dead ringer Vocab Idiom +1 vocabulary word to your word list
Dead Ringer (for somebody/something)
Dead Ringer origin
- The term dead ringer originally referred to a horse that had been substituted for another of similar appearance to defraud the bookies. The verb to ring has long been used by the criminal fraternity to mean to substitute. The most modern example is to ring a car, meaning to steal another car’s identity – usually for the purpose of reintroducing a write-off back on the road. Dead is widely used to mean accurate or precise, as in dead centre or dead heat.
Dead Ringer idiom usage in recent news (Dead ringer in a sentence)
Salman Khan Dead Ringer Found in pakistan
Umbrage vocab meme +1 Vocabulary word to your Wordlist
- (noun) a feeling of anger caused by being offended
Umbrage (अम्ब्रिज) meaning in Hindi
- कोप (m), छांह, छाया (f), रोष (m)
Umbrage in a sentence ( Umbrage word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of word Umbrage
- notice the last 4 letters…RAGE.And then umbrella =shade, rage=anger and resentment.
How to pronounce or say Umbrage
Deepika Padukone Cleavage – Times Of India Controversy
Lugubrious Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Lugubrious [loo–goo-bree-uh s, –gyoo-]
- (adj) excessively mournful
Lugubrious (लुगूब्रीअस / लूग्यूब्रीअस) meaning in Hindi
Lugubrious word usage in recent news (Lugubrious in a sentence)
- That kind of lugubrious tone.
- He sings in such a lugubrious tone as to suggest simultaneously a low rumbling in the caves and a pronouncement from a deity.
- He’s too Welsh and lugubrious.
- Some are “poetic”, some lugubrious, some scathingly self-mocking.
- The old lady blows out her cheeks and assumes a lugubrious expression.
- Two schools of thought that emerged: One, that I just might be tragically right – but who needed such lugubrious news?
- The mood is lugubrious.
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Lugubrious
- He was very mournful when he had to BURY his maimed LEG.
How to say or pronounce Lugubrious
Time to watch Shahrukh Khan’s lugubrious song from the movie ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’
Alimony Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your word list
- (noun) court-ordered support paid by one spouse to another after they are separated
Alimony (ऐलमोनी) meaning in Hindi
- निर्वाह-धन,निर्वाह-व्यय,परित्यक्ता पत्नी के लिये वृत्ति या जीविका,संभरण
Alimony word usage in recent news
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of word Alimony
- Ali+mony mony==All I need is Money and not my husband.- by saikiran
How to pronounce Alimony
Hrithik Roshan angry after Rs 400 crore alimony rumours become the butt of jokes!