- (adj) hostile and aggressive. “the mood at the meeting was belligerent”
- (adj) engaged in a war or conflict, as recognized by international law. “a conference of socialists from all belligerent countries”
- (noun) a nation or person engaged in war or conflict, as recognized by international law. “ships and goods captured at sea by a belligerent”
Belligerent meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- मनुष्य या दल, युद्धराज्य, युद्धकारी, युद्धरत, योद्धा, लड़ाका, लड़ाकू
- late 16th century: from Latin belligerant– ‘waging war’, from the verb belligerare, from bellum ‘war’.
Belligerent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- World Cup 2019: England end India’s unbeaten run to revive semi …, A spirited England ended India’s unbeaten run in the Cricket World Cup … Jonny Bairstow smashed a belligerent 111, Jason Roy returned from ..
- Belligerence, thy name is Donald Trump, Sir — Belligerence, thy name is Donald Trump. But the man, evidently, has a sense of humour. At the G-20 summit in Osaka, Trump cracked a …
- Why investors are rushing into gold. And should you?, In India, the yellow metal touched ₹35,960 per 10g—a six-year … may not hesitate to take the same belligerent stand against Europe and India.
- Why Kashmiris may not be ‘special’ any longer | India Today Insight …, After all, Shah has been nothing short of belligerent in voicing his … We are committed to annulling Article 35A of the Constitution of India as the …
- Submarines are game changer in maritime warfare: How’s India placed, India is one of only six countries that operates nuclear submarines – the … Sea and has adopted a belligerent posture in the East China Sea.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Belligerent
- belli (TOM) and gerry always quarrel in TOM and GERRY cartoon.
- Just relate it wid another GRE word– BELLICOSE