Obnoxious meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अप्रिय, ठेस पहुचने वाला, घृणित, बहुत बेकार
- late 16th century (in the sense ‘vulnerable to harm’): from Latin obnoxiosus, from obnoxius ‘exposed to harm’, from ob- ‘towards’ + noxa ‘harm’. The current sense, influenced by noxious, dates from the late 17th century.
Obnoxious in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Can I toot my own horn without being obnoxious?, It started with the automobile manufacturers in India curtailing their production and a popular food product company declaring it might have to …
- ‘Bold move, tax bonanza’: India Inc cheers government’s …, India Inc. on Friday cheered the government’s Rs 1,45,000 crore stimulus … currently obnoxious rate of 42 per cent to uplift the end-users spirit,”
- This bride’s sea green coloured lehenga is refreshingly new!, The trend of wearing obnoxious boxy sneakers was started by Hollywood hotties like Kendall Jenner and Kim Kardashian, but now it’s a big fad …
- Pakistan-origin British Lawmaker Faces Backlash After …, “We, in Congress, may disagree with BJP politically, but this obnoxious tweet against an Indian Prime Minister from a sitting member of UK’s …
- The twelve Apostles of Gandhi, He was persuaded to join the Government of Independent India by the … then I think that means politically a most obnoxious thing to do.”.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Obnoxious
- ob(viously)+noxiousi.e offensive
- if asked again will knock us.(offensive disagree)