- (verb) destroy or injure severely; “many of the bodies had been mutilated”
- (verb) alter so as to make unrecognizable; “the 14th-century carved screen had been mutilated”
Mutilate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बुरी तरह नष्ट कर देना, काटना, छांटना, अंग भंग करना
- early 16th century: from Latin mutilat- ‘maimed, mutilated, lopped off’, from the verb mutilare, from mutilus ‘maimed’.
Mutilate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Chimps Kill, Mutilate and Cannibalize Member of Own Group.
- Woman who threatened to mutilate and kill horses jailed.
- Poachers poison, mutilate lions in South Africa.
- UNICEF decries high rate of female genital mutilation in the country.
- Pakistani troops kill 3 Indian soldiers, mutilate one at LoC.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of mutilate
- mutilate = “ate”, if I ate your arm, I mutilate you
- (noun) a feeling of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected; “to her consternation her car wouldn’t start”
Consternation (कान्स्टर्नेशन / कान्स्टर्नैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from Latin consternatio(n- ), from the verb consternare ‘lay prostrate, terrify.
Consternation in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Consternation over Bhopal encounter.
- Trump’s campaign rhetoric caused consternation in many world capitals, including Tokyo.
- Trump caused consternation in December 2015 by mooting a ban on all Muslims travelling to the United States.
- There seems to be consternation within the Congress on the proposed Grand Alliance in Uttar Pradesh on the lines of Bihar.
- School Burnings Cause Consternation in Indian Kashmir.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of consternation
- conster (~monster) + nation, monster in your nation will cause consternation
invigorate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) give strength or energy to; “the shower had invigorated her”
invigorate (इन्विगरिट / इन्विगरेट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दृढ़ करना, पुष्ट करना, बल बढ़ाना, जान डालना, मज़बूत करना, बलवर्धन करना, स्फूर्ति से भर देना
- mid 17th century: from medieval Latin invigorat- ‘made strong’, from the verb invigorare, from in- ‘towards’ + Latin vigorare ‘make strong’ (from vigor ‘vigour’).
invigorate in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- 850 Chinese firms invigorate Algeria ‘ s economic growth.
- Dr Reddy’s pins hopes on new molecules to invigorate profits.
- The government’s focus has been to re-energise and re-invigorate the relations.
- These specially formulated skin care products are packed with OxySphere technology to help remove dead skin cells and invigorate the skin.
- Innovation Can Invigorate Growth.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of invigorate
- in + vigor (strong) -> invigor tablet apne andar jaan phook deti hai.
Lynch Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) (of a group of people) kill (someone) for an alleged offence without a legal trial, especially by hanging; “six policemen were lynched by angry crowds”
Lynch meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बिना मुकदमे मार डालना, सज़ा
- mid 19th century: from Lynch’s law, named after Capt. William Lynch, head of a self-constituted judicial tribunal in Virginia circa 1780.
Lynch in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- This could very well pave way for lynch mobs to attack me once I am out of the studio.
- Hyena rescued from Agra village lynch mob.
- Without a trial, the mob decided to lynch the accused.
- As a hate crime, they lynched the man from a tree. He hung there with a noose around his neck and a blank expression on his face.
- The crowd, angry at his treachery, decided to lynch him.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lynch
- lynch — inch by inch (jammen se upar)… latka diya ped se…
Grit Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) courage and resolve; strength of character; “I’ve known few men who could match Sam’s grit”
- (noun) small loose particles of stone or sand; “she had a bit of grit in her eye”
- (verb) to cause to grind or grate together; “fine red dust that gritted between the teeth”
- (verb) to make a scratchy or slightly grating sound, as of sand being walked on; grate.
Grit (ग्रिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- साहस, चरित्र बल, गिट्टी, धूल, बजरी, बालू, बजरी बिछाना
- Old English grēot ‘sand, gravel’, of Germanic origin; related to German Griess, also to groats.
Grit in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Do this one thing to help your kids develop ‘grit‘.
- The Uncapped Indians – a story of hard work, grit and determination.
- Their results found no evidence that grit is a good predictor of success.
- Raising a Child With Grit Can Mean Letting Her Quit.
- Does grit actually improve performance?
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of grit