Enduring Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Enduring [en-doo r-ing, –dyoo r-]
- (adj) lasting over a period of time; enduring love; enduring promises
- (adj) patient; long-suffering.
Enduring (एन्डुरिंग) meaning in Hindi
Enduring in a sentence (Word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Enduring
- enduring – durable(duracell) – means long-lasting.
How to pronounce Enduring
Gangnam style Duracell advert [HQ]
Massacre Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist Via
- (noun) an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of many people; “reports of massacres by government troops”
- (verb) deliberately and brutally kill (many people);”thousands were brutally massacred by soldiers”
- Informal. a crushing defeat, especially in sports.
Massacre (मैसकर) meaning in Hindi
- कड़ी हार,सामूहिक हत्या,कत्ल,नरहत्या (f),पराजय,वध,हत्याकाण्ड,नरसंहार (m),शिकस्त,पराजित करना,संहार करना,सर्वसाधारण की हत्या करना,कड़ी पराजय देना
Massacre in a sentence (Word usage in recent news)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Massacre
- massacre-mass killing and burring them in acre of land -by satish pawar
How to pronounce Massacre
Pakistan Massacre – How Can We Move On? Russell Brand The Trews (E213)
Achilles heel vocab idiom +1 vocabulary word to your word list
- (noun) a weakness or vulnerable point.
Story behind Achilles’heel
The term “Achilles’ heel” means a person’s vulnerable spot or area. It is derived from the Greek myth of Achilles and his mother Thetis. According to legend, when Achilles was born, his mother, in an effort to make him immortal, took Achilles to the Styx river and dipped him. She held him by one heel. The area where her fingers held him remained dry. As the heel was not touched by the waters of the Styx, it was the one vulnerable place on Achilles. Achilles became the hero of many battles during the Trojan War. Paris, Prince of the Trojans, shot an arrow in the heel of Achilles. Because the heel was the one spot untouched by immortality, Achilles died.
Achilles’ heel word usage in recent news (Achilles’ heel in a sentence)
- Apple Watch Battery Life May Be Its Achilles Heel
- India target England’s achilles heel by switching to an all-spin attack
- Defence is Man United’s Achilles heel
- If Narendra Modi’s government has an Achilles’ Heel, it is his weak bench strength in terms of potential ministers
- The Achilles heel for privacy and consumer protection are apps connected to marketing, where the information can be gathered and used.
- Verbal skills is the Achilles heel for a majority of CAT takers.
How to pronounce Achilles
Spiderman’s Achilles heel
Fixation Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary word to your wordlist
Fixation [fik-sey-shuh n]
- (noun) an unhealthy and compulsive preoccupation with something or someone
- (noun) the activity of fastening something firmly in position
- (noun) an abnormal state in which development has stopped prematurely
- (noun) (histology) the preservation and hardening of a tissue sample to retain as nearly as possible the same relations they had in the living body
Fixation (फिक्सेशन / फिक्सैशन) meaning in Hindi
- यौगिकीकरण (m),स्थिरण (m),स्थिरीकरण (m),नियत करना,निश्चय करना,स्थिर करना, असाधारण आसक्ति (f)
Fixation word usage in recent news
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Fixation
- Fixation= ‘Fix’ = when you get fixed to something (obsessed)
How to pronounce fixation
Look Up from your social media fixation and live
A taste of your own medicine Idiom Meme +1 Idiom to your Wordlist
A Taste Of Your Own Medicine
- When you are mistreated the same way you mistreat others.
“A taste of your own medicine” origin
- The saying “a taste of your own medicine” comes from one of Æesop’s fables.It’s about a swindler who sells a concoction, claiming it can heal any illness.He himself falls ill and people try to give him his own medicine (which he knows is rubbish) in order to cure him.
A taste of your own medicine idiom usage in recent news
- I’m just beginning to get a taste of my own medicine.
- Did you see those two people cutting in front of us in line just now? Let’s cut in front of them and give them a taste of their own medicine!
- He’s always interrupting people when they are talking; what he deserves is a taste of his own medicine!
Flintoff getting taste of his own medicine