Bite off more than you can chew Vocab Idiom +1 Idiom to your Word list
Bite off more than you can chew
- (idiom) To take on a task that is way to big
Origin: To bite off more than he can chew dates back to the 1800s in America, where it was common practice to chew tobacco. People would offer others a bite of their tobacco block, and some would greedily take a bite bigger than they would chew. People began to notice this and forewarned others not to bite off more than you can chew.
‘Bite off more than you can chew’ idiom usage in recent news (in a sentence)
- Rahat Kazmi’s ambitious film tries to bite off more than it can chew.
- While it is definitely great to walk that extra mile and be enthusiastic about whatever you do, don’t bite off more than you can chew i.e. by over-committing. Challenging yourself is one thing, but promising to do something completely out of your range is another thing.
- Don’t bite off more than you can chew. I thought that starting two businesses simultaneously, albeit in two vastly different fields, would be doable.
- We are all guilty of biting off more than we can chew, and given the amount of stress the average person is experiencing, it is no wonder that our adrenal glands are in a constant state of overdrive.
This is what happen when you bite off more than you can chew in gym
Mendicant Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Mendicant [men-di-kuh nt]
- (noun) a person who lives by begging; beggar.
- (adjective) begging; practicing begging; living on alms.
Mendicant (मेन्डकन्ट) meaning in Hindi
Mendicant word usage in recent news (Mendicant in a sentence)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Mendicant
- Men+die+cant= men die because they can’t work so they beg to survive – by PAC001
How to pronounce Mendicant
Funny Thai Advertisement – Fake MENDICANT Vs Smart Girls
Doughty Vocab Meme
Doughty [dou-tee] (adjective)
Doughty meaning in Hindi
Doughty word usage in recent News (Doughty in a sentence)
How to pronounce doughty
Doughty cat shows who is the boss
Introspection Vocab Meme + 1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
Introspection [in-truh-spek-shuhn] (noun)
- looking within oneself
- examination of one’s own mental and emotional state
Introspection Word Usage:
- Quiet introspection can be extremely valuable for your exam.
- Everyone should keep aside some time for introspection.
Introspection Word Usage in News:
Erudite Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Erudite [ˈer(y)əˌdīt] (adjective)
- having or showing profound knowledge, learned
Erudite Word Usage
- The erudite professor knew all GRE vocabulary words.