Gambit (गैम्बिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
पहली चाल, जूआ, चाल
- mid 17th century: originally gambett, from Italian gambetto, literally ‘tripping up’, from gamba ‘leg’.
Gambit in sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- And that’s why his gambit on Thursday night was so brilliant.
- The President’s Rule gambit by the BJP in Arunachal hits a bump with the SC weighing in.
- India silent on Nawaz Sharif’s talks gambit.
- Delhi got really excited over this gambit and people, such as myself, really rose to the challenge.
- The best gambit of his politics came when he chose to align with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to form the government last year.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gambit
- gambit = gamble a bit
Chess Openings: The Queen’s Gambit