Gambit Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) (in Chess) an opening in which a player seeks to obtain some advantage by sacrificing a pawn or piece.
(noun) any maneuver by which one seeks to gain an advantage.
(noun) a remark made to open or redirect a conversation.
Gambit (गैम्बिट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: originally gambett, from Italian gambetto, literally ‘tripping up’, from gamba ‘leg’.
Gambit in sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- And that’s why his gambit on Thursday night was so brilliant.
- The President’s Rule gambit by the BJP in Arunachal hits a bump with the SC weighing in.
- India silent on Nawaz Sharif’s talks gambit.
- Delhi got really excited over this gambit and people, such as myself, really rose to the challenge.
- The best gambit of his politics came when he chose to align with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) to form the government last year.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gambit
Chess Openings: The Queen’s Gambit
Audacious Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Audacious [aw-dey-shuh s]
- (adj) showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks;“an audacious explorer”
- (adj) showing an impudent lack of respect; “he made an audacious remark”
Audacious (आडैशस / ऑडेशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उजड्ड, ढीठ, निडर, निर्भीक, साहसी, अक्खड़
- mid 16th century: from Latin audax, audac- ‘bold’ (from audere ‘dare’) + -ious.
Audacious in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of audacious
- crowd mein ‘Audible’ hone ke liye ‘audacious’ hone jaruri hai
Asian Paints Audacious Chote Nawab – “aane do!!”