- (noun) a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
Vigilante meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- निगरानी समिति सदस्य, सतर्कता समिति सदस्य
- mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally ‘vigilant’.
Vigilante in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Christians, Muslims protest over Indian cow vigilantes
- How a vigilante Facebook group tried to get “anti-national” Indians …
- India’s beef exports rise under Modi govt despite Hindu vigilante …
- How Fake News On The World’s Largest App Is Causing Vigilante …
- Vigilante ‘death squads’ using Facebook & Twitter to hunt gang …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Vigilante
- In IGI game you have to be very vigilant…i.e. keep a careful watch..hope u r a gamer!!
- An elephANT is very vigilANT when it comes to mice
- (adj) (especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with;“the individual’s right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct”
Sacrosanct (सैक्रोसैंगक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: from Latin sacrosanctus, from sacro ‘by a sacred rite’ (ablative of sacrum ) + sanctus ‘holy’.
Sacrosanct in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Operational military matters are sacrosanct and discussing them like movie reviews is foolishness.
- The Supreme Court is the highest court of the land and its word is final and sacrosanct.
- All three forces — Army, Air Force and Navy — are treated as sacrosanct in India.
- The Indian society may consider marriage to be sacrosanct.
- Independence of judiciary is sacrosanct, says law minister RS Prasad.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sacrosanct
- Sacrosanct = Sacro (100’s) + “sant” ; something must be ‘sacred’ here.
Ruminate Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
- (verb) think deeply about something.
- (verb) to chew the cud
Ruminate (रूमनेट / रूमिनैट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- विचार करना, जुगाली करना, मनन करना, चिंतन करना
- mid 16th century: from Latin ruminat- ‘chewed over’, from the verb ruminari
Ruminate in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ruminate
- Ruminate – “roomie” ke saath “ate” phir sochna bill kaun dega 🙂
How to Stop Worrying So Much: Anxiety Tips on Rumination