- (verb) repeal or do away with (a law, right, or formal agreement). “a proposal to abrogate temporarily the right to strike”
- (verb) evade (a responsibility or duty). “we believe the board is abrogating its responsibilities to its shareholders”
Abrogate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- रद्द करना, निरस्त करना,निराकरण करना, अभिनिषेध करना
- early 16th century: from Latin abrogat- ‘repealed’, from the verb abrogare, from ab- ‘away, from’ + rogare ‘propose a law’.
Abrogate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Stone pelting reduced by 40-45% after Article 370 abrogation …, He said until provisions under Article 370 were abrogated, it was … He added that India’s response is determined by Pakistan’s action and if …
- Market force: How India is using its economic clout in the …, This has been most categorical when it comes to India’s decision to abrogate Article 370 in Jammu and Kashmir, thereby changing the region’s.
- ‘Article 370 abrogation a step towards national integration’, “Article 370 was included in the Constitution of India as a temporary … real Independence came this year after abrogation of Article 370.”
- Phenomenal six months of Modi 2.0, Foremost among them is the abrogation of Article 370 and 35A … India now has one of the lowest tax rates, making it one of the most …
- ‘Campaign needed to remove Constitutional articles that …, Move to abrogate Article 370 of the Constitution in Jammu and … was no other country viewed this internal development of India seriously.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Abrogate
- Imagine a boy is making sighs to a girl standing in front of her GATE,seeing that ,her BRO comes & get rid of the boy (abolish)
- ab (now) + rog (disease) + ate (eat) so, eat the disease and abolish it now.
How to Pronounce abrogate