- (verb) get or bring (something) back from somewhere; “I was sent to retrieve the balls from his garden”
- (verb) (of a dog) find and bring back (game that has been shot); “labradors are used to retrieve the birds after the flush”
- (verb) reel or bring in a fishing line; “when he reaches the breakers, with you retrieving furiously, he’ll probably change course”
- (verb) find or extract (information stored in a computer); “other features include the ability to store, update, retrieve, and print your data”
- (verb) recall (something); “the police hope to encourage him to retrieve forgotten memories”
- (verb) put right or improve (an unwelcome situation); “he made one last desperate attempt to retrieve the situation”
- (noun) an act of retrieving something, especially game that has been shot; “watch the dog make the long retrieves”
- (noun) the possibility of recovery; “he ruined himself beyond retrieve”
Retrieve (रिट्रीव / रीट्रीव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- वापस पा लेना, बचाना, सुधारना, पता लगाना, लौटा देना
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘find lost game’): from Old French retroeve-, stressed stem of retrover ‘find again’.
Retrieve in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Update: Woman injured in April accident to retrieve dog has died.
- Everest rescuers retrieve bodies of two Indian climbers.
- Mount Everest rescue team attempts to retrieve body of climber.
- Man who drowned trying to retrieve purse in Lady Bird Lake identified.
- Search suspended for man who jumped off boat to retrieve hat.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retrieve
- Labrador Retriever Yaad rakho…. ball feko leke (retrieve) aayega
- (verb) have saliva dripping copiously from the mouth; “Sheru tended to slobber”
- (noun) saliva dripping copiously from the mouth; “slobber swung in white strings from her jaw”
Slobber (स्लाबर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- late Middle English: probably from Middle Dutch slobberen ‘walk through mud’, also ‘feed noisily’, of imitative origin.
Slobber in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Buy your dog a bandana to keep excess slobber at bay.
- I don’t know if that was detrimental to the development of my cow slobber or not, but the cow slobber was not to be.
- At this moment, there’s a dried goo smear on my lower sleeve. It might be dog slobber.
- I was a chubby baby and I had a lot of slobber.
- With hopes of keeping my couch free from dirty paws, hair, and slobber, I picked up one of these Reversible Pet Furniture Protectors.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of slobber
- Slobber – this slow bear slobber a lot.
- (noun) the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation;“an infringement of the law”
- (noun) the action of limiting or undermining something;“the infringement of the right to privacy”
Infringement (इन्फ्रिन्ज्मन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिक्रमण, अतिलंघन, उल्लंघन
- mid 16th century: from Latin infringere, from in- ‘into’ + frangere ‘to break’.
Infringement in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The Samsung vs Apple patent infringement hearing was yesterday.
- Youtube To Mp3 Converter Sued For Copyright Infringement.
- A three-judge appeals panel stripped away Apple’s win by quoting that one patent wasn’t infringed.
- A jury had cleared Google of copyright infringement in May this year.
- Section 27 of the act provides that no action for infringement can be taken for an unregistered trademark.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of infringement
- infringe = in + firangi –> pakistani firangi crossing LOC and coming to India… infringement
- (noun) an afternoon rest or nap, especially one taken during the hottest hours of the day in a hot climate; “everyone had a siesta for a few hours”
Siesta (सीएस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: Spanish, from Latin sexta (hora ) ‘sixth hour’.
Siesta in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- A lunchtime siesta is also said to improve cognitive processing, reinforce memory, boost creativity and balance emotions.
- Chaurasia, who has a shop near the building, used to saunter on to the terrace every afternoon for a siesta.
- Is a midday siesta good for you?
- That might keep the boss at bay while you take an afternoon siesta at work!
- She has no time for afternoon siesta and two prime-time soap operas on television are her only entertainment of the day.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of siesta