Vitriolic Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) filled with bitter criticism or malice; “he launched a vitriolic attack on the government”
Vitriolic meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कटु, तीखा, सख़्त, अति कटु भाषण
Vitriolic in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- Trumps vitriolic, hate-filled rhetoric is scary.
- Group condemns vitriolic attack on NAPIMS boss.
- Mr. Trump’s most vitriolic statements have targeted minorities including Muslims, Mexicans, women and the LGBT community.
- Some BJP leaders also believe Sidhu would not mount any vitriolic attack on BJP in the cut and thrust of the electoral battle of Punjab assembly.
- From questioning his educational qualifications to sending vitriolic tweets, the CM has not missed an opportunity to target Modi.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vitriolic
- VITRIOL = another name for sulphuric acid (H2SO4) which is bitter, caustic and harsh.
Ludicrous Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hndi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; “it’s ludicrous that I have been fined”
Ludicrous (लूडक्रस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- ऊटपटांग, बेढंगा, बेतुका,हास्यास्पद
- early 17th century (in the sense ‘sportive, intended as a jest’): from Latin ludicrus (probably from ludicrum ‘stage play’) + -ous.
Ludicrous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The 6 most ludicrous claims the Trump campaign has made.
- It was just a ludicrous question.
- It’s simply ludicrous to reward multiple people for the same category.
- Calling two-plus percent growth rates in industry, which is what the Modi period has witnessed, an “achievement”, is obviously ludicrous.
- But the idea of forcing a sex change on the ultra-masculine James Bond for the sake of equal opportunity is beyond ludicrous.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ludicrous
Ramble Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) walk for pleasure in the countryside; “I spent most of my spare time rambling and climbing”
- (verb) talk or write at length in a confused or inconsequential way; “I’m not going to ramble on about environmental issues”
- (verb) (of a plant) put out long shoots and grow over walls or other plants; “roses climbed, rambled, hung over walls”
- (noun) a walk taken for pleasure in the countryside; “I had looked forward to a leisurely ramble amongst the hills”
Ramble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- घूमना, भ्रमण करना, सैर करना, इधर-उधर भटकना
- late Middle English (in sense 2 of the verb): probably related to Middle Dutch rammelen, used of animals in the sense ‘wander about on heat’, also to the noun ram.
Ramble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He tends to ramble and his long-winded verbal deluge can be torture.
- He does ramble along, talking conversationally – in a state that makes a fetish of oratory delivered in literary Tamil.
- The story seems to ramble on for a bit too long without making a very strong point.
- Don’t ramble on and keep it short and sweet.
- Yes, some people would like to post a 10,000 word ramble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ramble
- ramble ~ ram ram ram ram ram (stop rambling)
Penitent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong; repentant; “she stood with her hands joined below her waist like a penitent child”
- (noun) a person who repents their sins and (in the Christian Church) seeks forgiveness from God.
- (noun) (in the Roman Catholic Church) a person who confesses their sins to a priest and submits to the penance that he imposes.
Penitent (पेनिटन्ट / पेनिटिन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पश्चातापी, पछताने या अफ़सोस करने वाला, तोबा करनेवाला व्यक्ति, अनुतापी
- Middle English: from Old French, from Latin paenitent- ‘repenting’, from the verb paenitere.
Penitent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Penitent, he attempted to reconcile himself to his father, but King Henry II feared that this was a trick and refused to attend his son.
- Kalam was penitent after this reproachful decision.
- Forget that wildling that tried to kill you, you’re done with that penitent sex thing.
- I am also penitent that the State Govt. put restrictions on the payment of the cheques but Bandh will not solve such problems permanently.
- They were like penitent schoolboys and confessed sheepishly, ‘We won’t ever repeat this.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penitent
- he went in the ‘tent’ and gave a ‘penny’ as a bribe, later on he was penitent that he should have not paid bribe.
Sinewy Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a person) possessing physical strength and weight; rugged and powerful; “a short, sinewy man”
- (adj) (of meat) full of sinews; especially impossible to chew; “tough, sinewy meat.”
- (adj) vigorous or forceful, as language, style, etc;“a sinewy argument.”
Sinewy (सिन्यूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बलवान, पुष्ट, सशक्त, कंडरायुक्त, ताकतवर
- 1350-1400; Middle English; see sinew, -y
Sinewy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The rods are wispy and elegant, but also sinewy, strong and resilient.
- The star plays Roxie, a sinewy burlesque dancer with dark lips and glamorous lingerie.
- For Mr. Blankenbuehler, a sinewy 46-year-old, the approach comes from his own craving to share in the story.
- The puppy fat has gone, he is now sinewy with a superbly toned body that can take on enormous amounts of workload without complaint.
- A group of chatty boys and girls pose for a photo near a table; another stands for a selfie with a replica of the sinewy stock market bull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sinewy
- sinewy = ‘sunny’ deol = muscular body