hold your horses Idiom Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
Hold your horses
- wait a moment, Hold on; be patient.
Hold your horses meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Hold your horses Origin
- A 19th-century USA origin, where it was written as ‘hold your hosses’ (“hoss” being a US slang term for horse) and appears in print that way many times from 1843 onwards.
‘Hold your horses’ in a sentence (word usage in news)
- Hold your horses; any fresh investment in PSBs could be dangerous.
- If you were planning to upgrade your router to a premium state-of-the-art router, we say, hold your horses!
- “I would say ‘hold your horses‘. We are not quite to an agreement yet,” Sherman said, referring to India and other buyers of Iranian oil.
- You’ve bought your dream bike and can’t wait to take it out for a spin. But hold your horses — you’re not completely ready to hit the roads.
- Hold your horses, it is still the same old Rohit Sharma.
Hold your Horses – Minecraft Animation
Furtive Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) attempting to avoid notice or attention, typically because of guilt or a belief that discovery would lead to trouble; secretive.
Furtive (फर्टिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गुप्त, रहस्यमय, चुराया हुआ, छिपाते हुए, लुके छिपे, चोरी छिपे
- early 17th century: from French furtif, -ive or Latin furtivus, from furtum ‘theft’.
Furtive in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
- “Unlike Chris’ furtive relationship with Jennifer Lawrence, Gwyneth doesn’t mind making her happiness with Brad fully known.
- A furtive phone chat on a terrace amid clothes drying under the sun.
- She is wracked by a sense of guilt and loss after a furtive sexual adventure in a seedy hotel goes awry and ends in tragedy.
- The police described his manner as “furtive, angry and distressed,” shortly after they brought into the station.
- As Ram Dhan sits talking animatedly, he throws furtive glances at the shut kitchen.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of furtive
- Furtive ~ FARTive , subke saamne Fart karoge toh chupna padega
Chori Chori Chupke Chupke – FURTIVE
Affable Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture
Affable [af-uh-buh l]
- (adj) friendly, good-natured, or easy to talk to
Affable (ऐफबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मिलनसार, सुशील, मित्रतापूर्ण
- late Middle English: via Old French from Latin affabilis, from the verb affari, from ad- ‘to’ + fari ‘speak’.
Affable in a sentence (usage in newspaper)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affable
- affection+able=affection to others
How to use AFFABLE in a sentence
Restraint Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi Translation with picture
- (noun) a measure or condition that keeps someone or something under control.“decisions are made within the financial restraints of the budget”
- (noun) the action of keeping someone or something under control.“a policy of restraint in public spending”
- (noun) deprivation or restriction of personal liberty or freedom of movement.“he remained aggressive and required physical restraint”
- (noun) a device which limits or prevents freedom of movement.“car safety restraints”
- (noun) unemotional, dispassionate, or moderate behaviour; self-control.”he urged the protestors to exercise restraint”
- (noun) understatement, especially of artistic expression.“the dining room has been decorated with commendable restraint”
Restraint (रिस्ट्रेन्ट / रिस्ट्रैन्ट / रीस्ट्रैन्ट) meaning Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Restraint sentences from newspaper
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of restraint
- if some one controls u when u r in strain
Self control: Dan Ariely at TEDxDuke
Saunter Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Saunter [sawn-ter, sahn–]
- (verb) to walk with a leisurely gait; stroll: sauntering through the woods.
- (noun) a leisurely walk or ramble; stroll.
- (noun) a leisurely gait.
Saunter(सॉन्टर) meaning in Hindi
- टहलते हुए निकल जाना,टहलना,चहलकदमी करना
Saunter word usage in recent news (Saunter in a sentence)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of word Saunter
- sau(100) + enter , when 100 people enter at a time their movement will be slow…… – by dexter
How to pronounce Saunter
Critical Minute- Saunter This Way