- (adjective) wary; suspicious (usually followed by of ): I’m leery of his financial advice.
Leery (लिरी / लीरी) meaning in Hindi
Leery word usage in recent news (Leery in a sentence)
- Low-fat and air fryers make it so even those who remain leery of fat consumption can enjoy crispy, golden fried foods of any kind.
- Corruption, sclerotic approval processes and an uncertain policy environment because of measures such as retrospective taxation have made investors leery of putting in the money required to develop that base.
- It makes taxpayers leery that some of those executive directors are more interested in building empires than in solving problems.
- He was a bit leery of the investment required to start selling food.
- Welch said her gut tells her the recession caused a lot of teachers to be laid off and make students leery of a teaching profession
- He is leery about everything he eats out of his home.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of leery
- leery >when u are travelling in train and someone asks u to eat something then they say “leh ri” then u get suspicious at his offering.. – by avinav
How to pronounce leery
Funny cat: Orange Tabby gets leery of fart noises
Brisk Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Wordlist
- (adjective) quick and active; lively: brisk trading; a brisk walk.
- (adjective) sharp and stimulating: brisk weather; brisk wind.
- (adjective) (of liquors) effervescing vigorously: brisk cider.
- (adjective)abrupt; curt: I was surprised by her rather brisk tone.
- (verb) quicken something.(often followed by up ); brisk up your pace
Brisk (ब्रिस्क) meaning in Hindi
- तेज,फुर्तीला,स्फूर्तिदायक,तेज़ होना
Brisk word usage in recent news (Brisk in a sentence)
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Brisk
- b(risk): to take a risk, you should be active and quick –by graduatestudent
How to pronounce brisk
Brisk Walking Can Be as Beneficial as Running: Study
Ascetic Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
- (adjective) practicing great self-denial ; “ascetic practices”,”ascetic existence”
- (noun) someone who practices self denial as a spiritual discipline
Ascetic (असेटिक) meaning in Hindi
- संन्यासी (m),आत्मसंयमी,तपस्वी,यति (f)
Ascetic word usage in recent news (Ascetic in a sentence)
- According to his brother-in-law, Mr Abreu leads an almost ascetic life with books his only belongings.
- A new generation, nostalgic for nationalism, saw in Anna an avatar of nationalism and its patently ascetic style.
- Around 30 years later another Indian ascetic named Bodhidharma arrived and spent nine years meditating in a nearby cave
- Hundreds of sanyasis and sadhus, who have been leadingascetic lives for decades in this world famous temple town seeking spiritual solace.
- The texts of our tradition are not only ascetic and spiritual but also celebrate the sensual and erotic.
Mnemonic trick to remember Ascetic meaning
- sounds like acetic acid, remember acetic acid(vinegar)i.e., sour in taste, one who has made is life sour in taste, i.e., away from pleasures for religious purposes. – by nikhilparasher
How to pronounce ascetic
Watch BBC: Extreme Pilgrim – Ascetic Christianity
Sedentary Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Sedentary [sed-n-ter-ee] (adjective)
- tending to spend much time seated; somewhat inactive
Sedentary Word Usage
My doctor says I should take up some sport because my lifestyle is too sedentary
Sedentary Word Usage in Recent News:
Erudite Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your Word List
Erudite [ˈer(y)əˌdīt] (adjective)
- having or showing profound knowledge, learned
Erudite Word Usage
- The erudite professor knew all GRE vocabulary words.