(noun) an animal that naturally preys on others; “wolves are major predators of small mammals”
(noun) a person who ruthlessly exploits others; “a sexual predator”
Predator meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
परभक्षी, लुटेरा, हिंस्त्र, दरिंदा
- 1920s: from Latin praedator ‘plunderer’, from praedat- ‘seized as plunder’, from the verb praedari
Predator in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- On Sunday, Danczuk’s first wife told the Mail on Sunday that the MP was a sexual predator.
- Snakes with this body form tend to be slow moving, and can thus not rely on speed to escape from predators.
- The puff adder is a relatively thick meter-long snake that makes its living as an ambush predator.
- The sexual predator, who has been arrested and identified as Mohammad Akram Khan, claims that the girl had approached him.
- Though the lion is a great predator, its encounters with crocodiles are rare.
How Predator Should Have Ended