- (noun) habitual greed or excess in eating; “she said plumpness was a sign of gluttony in most cases”
Gluttony (ग्लटनी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- Middle English: from Old French glutonie, from gluton ‘glutton’.
Gluttony in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Pope says forget greed and gluttony at Christmas, go for simple love.
- Muskoka fitness trainer gives top 10 ways to combat holiday gluttony.
- After the holiday gluttony, many people are trying to get back on track when it comes to fitness and wellness.
- Eating right: Holidays don’t have to be the ‘season of gluttony‘.
- Gluttony really could turn you into a fathead.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gluttony
- Gluttony = glued to ‘ton’ of weight – ‘petupan’
Predator Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an animal that naturally preys on others; “wolves are major predators of small mammals”
(noun) a person who ruthlessly exploits others; “a sexual predator”
Predator meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
परभक्षी, लुटेरा, हिंस्त्र, दरिंदा
- 1920s: from Latin praedator ‘plunderer’, from praedat- ‘seized as plunder’, from the verb praedari
Predator in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- On Sunday, Danczuk’s first wife told the Mail on Sunday that the MP was a sexual predator.
- Snakes with this body form tend to be slow moving, and can thus not rely on speed to escape from predators.
- The puff adder is a relatively thick meter-long snake that makes its living as an ambush predator.
- The sexual predator, who has been arrested and identified as Mohammad Akram Khan, claims that the girl had approached him.
- Though the lion is a great predator, its encounters with crocodiles are rare.
How Predator Should Have Ended