- (adj) leadership or dominance, especially by one state or social group over others. “Germany was united under Prussian hegemony after 1871”
Hegemony meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आधिपत्य, नेतृत्व, नायकत्व
- mid 16th century: from Greek hēgemonia, from hēgemōn ‘leader’, from hēgeisthai ‘to lead’.
Hegemony in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India on the field, Around the same time that various Indian political groups began to challenge the Empire’s unquestioned hegemony, Indian teams began to …
- Indian hegemony over South-Asian rivers, Even though 40 percent of world’s poor live in this region, two South Asian countries, India and Pakistan have attained the status of nuclear …
- OPINION: Trade relations with Pakistan symbolic, … as long as it can resist India’s purported drive for regional hegemony as well as … On the trade ladder, Pakistan is India’s 48th largest partner.
- Hegemony unhinged, Pakistan-India relations have already taken a hit with Islamabad’s decision to withdraw its high commissioner in Delhi. And all this so soon after …
- The US, China, and power politics in the Indian Ocean, … the Indian Ocean as a ‘zone of peace’. One could instead argue that the conflict arises out of the US’s desire to maintain its hegemony and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hegemony
- hegemony:he’s got money,so he’s domineering in the society and he control others.
- hege (to have in punjabi)+ mony(sounds like MONEY)….a nation which has money is powerful and wealthy nations always dominate the poorer nations.
- (noun) habitual greed or excess in eating; “she said plumpness was a sign of gluttony in most cases”
Gluttony (ग्लटनी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- Middle English: from Old French glutonie, from gluton ‘glutton’.
Gluttony in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Pope says forget greed and gluttony at Christmas, go for simple love.
- Muskoka fitness trainer gives top 10 ways to combat holiday gluttony.
- After the holiday gluttony, many people are trying to get back on track when it comes to fitness and wellness.
- Eating right: Holidays don’t have to be the ‘season of gluttony‘.
- Gluttony really could turn you into a fathead.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gluttony
- Gluttony = glued to ‘ton’ of weight – ‘petupan’
Predator Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an animal that naturally preys on others; “wolves are major predators of small mammals”
(noun) a person who ruthlessly exploits others; “a sexual predator”
Predator meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
परभक्षी, लुटेरा, हिंस्त्र, दरिंदा
- 1920s: from Latin praedator ‘plunderer’, from praedat- ‘seized as plunder’, from the verb praedari
Predator in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- On Sunday, Danczuk’s first wife told the Mail on Sunday that the MP was a sexual predator.
- Snakes with this body form tend to be slow moving, and can thus not rely on speed to escape from predators.
- The puff adder is a relatively thick meter-long snake that makes its living as an ambush predator.
- The sexual predator, who has been arrested and identified as Mohammad Akram Khan, claims that the girl had approached him.
- Though the lion is a great predator, its encounters with crocodiles are rare.
How Predator Should Have Ended