- (noun) review of a past course of events or period of time; “a full retrospect of the battle”
Retrospect (ट्रस्पेक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from retro- ‘back’, on the pattern of the noun prospect.
Retrospect in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- If the dream was to become reality, this was the time to do something about it,” he writes in retrospect.
- In retrospect, Kriti Sanon believes that she does not belong to Bollywood.
- As I was saying, it is too late to think in retrospect when, and if, no serious thought was given when the regime was in the Bill stage.
- In retrospect, it would have been ideal if Ravi Shastri had continued as coach and not been replaced a year ago by Kumble.
- Hitesh considers this good thing, in retrospect, as it offered him a chance to explain something to new to others.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Retrospect
- (verb) say something in answer to a remark, typically in a sharp, angry, or witty manner; “‘No need to be rude,’ retorted Isabel”
- (noun) a sharp, angry, or witty reply; “she opened her mouth to make a suitably cutting retort”
- (noun) a container or furnace for carrying out a chemical process on a large or industrial scale; “a laboratory full of bubbling retorts and crackling electrical equipment”
Retort meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- मुंहतोड़ जवाब, कड़ा उत्तर देना
- late 15th century (in the sense ‘hurl back an accusation or insult’): from Latin retort- ‘twisted back, cast back’, from the verb retorquere, from re- ‘in return’ + torquere ‘to twist’.
Retort in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu editorial newspaper)
- Nani’s Retort to a crazy fan is going viral.
- Asked an emotional Mamata Banerjee in her retort to a BJP leader’s comments in which he called the West Bengal chief minister a ‘hijra’.
- People of Kashmir retort, is the Supreme Court oblivious of the fact that Kashmir was peaceful from October 2016 to April 2017!
- Some males bring nesting material, while others weave thin threads into retort-shaped structures.
- In retort, Sooraj said he was a member of the mess and had every right to be there, and allegedly added that he would eat beef inside the mess.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retort
- resort mein retort mat karna… bhaga denge
- (noun) a group of advisers, assistants, or others accompanying an important person; “the rock star’s retinue of security guards and personal cooks”
Retinue (रेटनू) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- late Middle English: from Old French retenue, feminine past participle (used as a noun) of retenir ‘keep back, retain’.
Retinue in a sentence (word usage in Hindu editorial newspaper)
- Acknowledging the presence of the war veterans Mr. Siddaramaiah and his retinue of Ministers, MLAs and councillors had insulted them.
- Ironically on Monday, chief minister Siddaramaiah along with a huge retinue watched the Telugu film ‘Baahubali 2’ in a multiplex in Bengaluru.
- But what’s truly worrying is that a retinue of prominent characters playing a significant role in India’s public life.
- This is a welcome one-up advantage that the Indian foreign services retinue will do well to capitalise on.
- When celebrity writer Guy de Maupassant and a Russian empress joined the retinue of visitors to Cannes, the place gained a reputation.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retinue
- tum sab meri RETINA (of the eye ) ke aagey rehne chahiye 24*7 – u r my attnedants
- (adj) unnecessary, especially through being more than enough; “the purchaser should avoid asking for superfluous information”
Superfluous (सुपर्फ्लूअस / सूपर्फ्ल्वस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अतिरिक्त, अनावश्यक, निरर्थक, फ़ालतू, ज़रूरत से ज़्यादा, अति अधिक
- late Middle English: from Latin superfluus, from super- ‘over’ + fluere ‘to flow’.
Superfluous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- The ‘superfluous‘ branches would be merged with the nearest SBI branch.
- Had James Milner converted his penalty and Liverpool held off Southampton for all three points, all talk of style would be superfluous.
- It is therefore superfluous to equate Hindutva with singing Vande Mataram, teaching yoga or doing surya namaskar.
- A pod hotel tends to strip a hotel room of all the superfluous facilities and compresses it down to space for a single person’s use.
- The Kolkata Knight Riders suffered a minor setback in their last game when they were blown away by David Warner’s superfluous 126.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of superfluous
- super = over… fluous = flow… overflow
- (adj) splendid and expensive-looking; “the banquet was a sumptuous, luxurious meal”
Sumptuous (सम्प्चूअस / सम्प्च्वस / सम्प्चूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आलीशान, बहुमूल्य, महंगा, वैभवशाली, शानदार, ठाठ का
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘made or produced at great cost’): from Old French somptueux, from Latin sumptuosus, from sumptus ‘expenditure’
Sumptuous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu Newspaper editorial)
- Angelina Jolie divorced, she buys a sumptuous house!
- Tempt your taste buds with sumptuous Easter menu at Yauatcha.
- Pair the perfect wine with a sumptuous Easter dinner.
- Special prayers, sumptuous meal mark Navroz celebration in Thane.
- Our teeth are the ones who bear the brunt of our sumptuous lifestyle.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Sumptuous