Penitent Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) feeling or showing sorrow and regret for having done wrong; repentant; “she stood with her hands joined below her waist like a penitent child”
- (noun) a person who repents their sins and (in the Christian Church) seeks forgiveness from God.
- (noun) (in the Roman Catholic Church) a person who confesses their sins to a priest and submits to the penance that he imposes.
Penitent (पेनिटन्ट / पेनिटिन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पश्चातापी, पछताने या अफ़सोस करने वाला, तोबा करनेवाला व्यक्ति, अनुतापी
- Middle English: from Old French, from Latin paenitent- ‘repenting’, from the verb paenitere.
Penitent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Penitent, he attempted to reconcile himself to his father, but King Henry II feared that this was a trick and refused to attend his son.
- Kalam was penitent after this reproachful decision.
- Forget that wildling that tried to kill you, you’re done with that penitent sex thing.
- I am also penitent that the State Govt. put restrictions on the payment of the cheques but Bandh will not solve such problems permanently.
- They were like penitent schoolboys and confessed sheepishly, ‘We won’t ever repeat this.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of penitent
- he went in the ‘tent’ and gave a ‘penny’ as a bribe, later on he was penitent that he should have not paid bribe.
Punitive Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) inflicting or intended as punishment; “he called for punitive measures against the Eastern bloc”
- (adj) (of a tax or other charge) extremely high; “the government plans to announce punitive taxes on imports”
Punitive (प्यूनटिव / प्यूनिटिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from French punitif, -ive or medieval Latin punitivus, from Latin punit- ‘punished’, from the verb punire (see punish).
Punitive in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Punitive action: Imtiaz store to stay closed for 6 hours every day. Decision made due to massive traffic jams caused by shoppers.
- The administration has, finally, decided to take punitive action against cattle owners if their cows, buffaloes, goats are seen bathing in the lake.
- According to him, it is prudent that the government rolls out punitive measures to deter people from displaying bad environmental practices.
- A federal jury on May 23 awarded $6,128.39 in compensatory damages and $2.5 million in punitive damages to David M. Daugherty of Vienna.
- The federal government is considering punitive tax measures against non-filers of income tax returns in the federal budget.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of punitive
Ennui Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the feeling of being bored by something tedious
Ennui (आन्वी / एनूई) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- आलस, ऊब, थकान, कुछ की वजह से ऊब की भावना
- mid 18th century: French, from Latin in odio(n- ), from mihi in odio est ‘it is hateful to me’.
Ennui in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I’m curious (and wonder if you agree) if a certain degree of superhero ennui may have settled in for Apocalypse.
- Back in 2014, White said he wasn’t sick of the ubiquitous song yet, and if ennui has set it since then, this should make him love it all over again.
- Some of Mrs. Clinton’s stalwarts in the Media are becoming anxious over their own ennui. “Why don’t I feel more excited?”
- His plan was to become a novelist, but, with creativity and inspiration giving way to boredom and ennui.
- There’s a feeling of low-level ennui here; a feeling that blurs sensation, save for the bright spots and moments that break through the bubble.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of ennui
- ennui = ‘ae’ + ‘nahi’ ho paayega bhaiya because i am bored
Lagoon Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an area of shallow water separated from the sea by low sandy dunes.
- (noun) an artificial pool for storage and treatment of polluted or excessively hot sewage, industrial waste, etc.
Lagoon (लगून) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- खाड़ी, खलीज,समुद्र-ताल, झील
- early 17th century: from Italian and Spanish laguna, from Latin lacuna
Lagoon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Police: Body recovered from lagoon is that of missing 50-year-old man.
- Water with the higher level of nitrates will be pulled from the aquifer and stored in the lagoons to create a well-head protection buffer zone.
- Frequent rains wash fertilizers into the lagoon, feeding the blooms that this spring triggered the worst fish kill in the lagoon in modern history.
- 30, Treasure Coast counties, cities and towns along the lagoon have laws banning the use of fertilizer with nitrogen and/or phosphorous.
- Jokulsarlon Lagoon in Iceland is one of the most visually arresting spots on Earth.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of lagoon
- lagoon – monsoon aayenge toh lagoon bhar jaayenge
Quisling Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) a traitor who collaborates with an enemy force occupying their country
Quisling (क्विज़्लिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- देशद्रोही, द्रोही, ग़द्दार
- Second World War: from the name of Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer and diplomat who ruled Norway on behalf of the German occupying forces (1940–45).
Quisling in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- We owe that term to Vidkun Quisling, who welcomed the Nazis into Norway in exchange for heading a puppet government.
- Is this Mr Bardow a Quisling and an appeaser?
- Mr Fletcher confirmed yesterday (Wednesday) that he was asked to apologise for using the word “quisling” about local politicians.
- They would have been ruled by Quislings.
- He is at best a Quisling, at worst a traitor to his own people and our religious values.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of quisling
- Remember.. Major Vidkun Quisling (1887–1945), the Norwegian army officer – traitor.