- (noun) the undermining of the power and authority of an established system or institution; “the ruthless subversion of democracy”
Subversion (सब्वर्श़न) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उलटाव, क्षय, नाश, विध्वंस, विनाश, समाप्ति
- from Late Latin subversiō destruction, from Latin subvertere to subvert
Subversion in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Famous eatery suffers setback, ‘Swacchta’ Or ‘Subversion‘ by Yogi?
- President cautions against acts of disloyalty and subversion.
- CAG finds systemic subversion of rules in Vyapam appointments.
- That was a diplomatic win for the country, showcasing the subversion caused by the neighboring country.
- Alliance of subversion on university campuses, says Arun Jaitley.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subversion
- bhaut ho gya, ab mera ye wala (destruction waala) version dekho.
- (verb) bring under domination or control, especially by conquest; “the invaders had soon subjugated most of the population”
- (verb) make someone or something subordinate to; “the new ruler firmly subjugated the Church to the state”
Subjugate meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- जीतना, कुचल देना, पराजित करना, वशीभूत करना, वश में करना, अधीन करना, दास बनाना, वश करना
- late Middle English: from late Latin subjugat- ‘brought under a yoke’, from the verb subjugare, based on jugum ‘yoke’.
Subjugate in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Saudis use bullying as a tactic to subjugate others.
- Most of the effort of humanity to date has been for one army to conquer and subjugate another.
- I’ve also witnessed the brutal way we use words to subjugate and spiritually crush black women.
- You can not subjugate us, you can not control our lives, you can never win.
- Senior Trump Adviser Thinks Muslims ‘By And Large’ Want To ‘Subjugate‘ Non-Muslims.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of subjugate
- sub log jhuk jao mere gate ke aage
- (noun) a fictitious name, especially one used by an author; “Hanbury wrote a novel under the pseudonym of James Aston”
Pseudonym meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- mid 19th century: from French pseudonyme, from Greek pseudōnymos, from pseudēs ‘false’ + onoma ‘name’.
Pseudonym in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- I had written a Faking News Post under a pseudonym against the rampant sexism at an age-old hostel tradition.
- Her lawsuit, filed under the pseudonym Jane Roe, resulted in the court’s 1973 decision that established a woman’s right to an abortion.
- But that is not why some women authors wrote under male pseudonyms.
- 3 Lewis Carroll was the pseudonym adopted by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson.
- US President Barack Obama reportedly used a pseudonym in some of the e-mails he exchanged with Hillary Clinton.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pseudonym
- (adj) having or revealing a tendency to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity; excessively concerned with sexual propriety; “his grandmother was a rather prudish woman”
Prudish (प्रूडिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कपटलज्जालु, पाखंडी, पाखण्डी
Prudish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fair, and I am not being prudish. After all, kiss is an expression of love.
- No sex, please: Sandeep Kumar pays the price of prudish politics.
- Of sex and other mundane things: Are Indians still prudish?
- Then there was my mother, brought up by prudish German nuns.
- At the risk of sounding prudish, let me also state another problem I had with the film’s depiction of nudity, sex and the so-called erotica.