- (adj) having or revealing a tendency to be easily shocked by matters relating to sex or nudity; excessively concerned with sexual propriety; “his grandmother was a rather prudish woman”
Prudish (प्रूडिश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- कपटलज्जालु, पाखंडी, पाखण्डी
Prudish in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fair, and I am not being prudish. After all, kiss is an expression of love.
- No sex, please: Sandeep Kumar pays the price of prudish politics.
- Of sex and other mundane things: Are Indians still prudish?
- Then there was my mother, brought up by prudish German nuns.
- At the risk of sounding prudish, let me also state another problem I had with the film’s depiction of nudity, sex and the so-called erotica.
- (noun) a countless or extremely great number of people or things; “myriads of insects danced around the light above my head”
- (noun) (chiefly in classical history) a unit of ten thousand; “the army was organized on a decimal system, up to divisions of 10,000 or myriads”
- (adj) countless or extremely great in number; “the myriad lights of the city”
- (adj) having countless or very many elements or aspects; “the myriad political scene”
Myriad (मिरीअड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- दस हज़र, हज़ारों, अनगिनत संख्या, असंख्य, बेशुमार, लाखों, हजारों
- mid 16th century (in sense 2 of the noun): via late Latin from Greek murias, muriad-, from murioi ‘10,000’.
Myriad in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump Enters the White House Facing a Myriad Crises.
- Explaining that myriad measures were taken to help the transition easier for the citizens of the country, he said,
- Satisfying myriad sections is tough in politics.
- Myriad events to showcase multiple skills and an opportunity to socialise and revel in friendly competition.
- we aim to address the myriad healthcare challenges associated with poor public health infrastructure.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of myriad
- Myriad = My + Raid,,,, Myriad money ke karan mere yahan raid pad gayi
Ek Myriad mein meri behna hai.. Song
- (verb) voluntarily cease to keep or claim; give up; “he offered to relinquish his post as acting President”
Relinquish (रिलिंगक्विश) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- छोड़ना, त्यागना, त्याग देना, छोड़ देना, अलग करना, अलग कर देना. हाथ उठा लेना
- late Middle English: from Old French relinquiss-, lengthened stem of relinquir, from Latin relinquere, from re- (expressing intensive force) + linquere ‘to leave’.
Relinquish in a sentence (word usage from recent newspaper)
- MSK Prasad backs Dhoni’s decision to relinquish captaincy.
- Train derailments: Prabhu asks officers to act or relinquish.
- Ratan Tata to relinquish post of chairperson of Tata Trust next year.
- Anthony J. Reardon will relinquish his current operational duties but continue as executive chairman of ducommun.
- When contacted, Roy said for a fair probe, there is a need on the part of the Home Minister to relinquish his post.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of relinquish
- relinquish = release your wish
- (adj) abrupt or offhand in speech or manner; “she could be brusque and impatient”
Brusque (ब्रस्क) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century: from French, ‘lively, fierce’, from Italian brusco ‘sour’.
Brusque in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Donald Trump is brusque, aggressive, narcissistic and most likely, brutally honest.
- Known for his hard-line law-and-order views and brusque manner, he would set a very different tone than previous holders of the job.
- Trump has come across as brusque, almost bordering on being boorish, with no respect for the woman.
- While such sudden and brusque changes are the norm in corporate America which did not even spare its CEO Steve Jobs in 1985.
- Brusque & ruthless, Jagmohan Dalmiya lifted the game.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of brusque
- brush kyun??? I dont want to brush and kiss you!