- (noun) an exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale; “Amelie was physically a replica of her mother”
Replica (रेप्लक / रेप्लिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- प्रतिकृति, प्रतिरूप, प्रतिरूप
- mid 18th century (as a musical term in the sense ‘a repeat’): from Italian, from replicare ‘to reply’.
Replica in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He offered prayers at the statue of Lord Ganesha, which was a replica of the ‘Lalbaug ka Raja’
- Missing her deeply, the heartbroken husband tried to fill the vacuum in his life by buying a replica model of the woman he loved.
- MS Dhoni: Sushant Singh Rajput plays a replica of helicopter shot.
- Although it’s not an exact replica of Escobar’s life, some things were changed to suit the series’ drama quotien
- A replica of Mumbai’s Gateway of India will come up at Boring Road crossing.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of replica
- replica – rep.. rep.. repetition – same face
- (verb) surprise and confuse (someone) so much that they are unsure how to react; “Diane was nonplussed by such an odd question”
- (noun) a state of being very surprised and confused; “reduced to a perfect nonplus, he rose from his chair”
Nonplus (नान्प्लस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संकोच, परेशानी, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का करना, उलझन में पड़ना
- late 16th century: from Latin non plus ‘not more’. The noun originally meant ‘a state in which no more can be said or done’.
Nonplus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- Ramarajabhushanudu also known as Bhattu Murthy, a serious poet, was seen interjecting with repartee, to nonplus some of his colleagues.
- When the chief of police learned he was about to be arrested, he became nonplussed and refused to answer any questions.
- The inexperienced teenage driver was nonplussed when his car began to slide on the ice.
- Even the experienced doctor was nonplussed when he saw the patient with a chainsaw in his skull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonplus
- nonplus = 9 + plus = +++++++++ sounds confusing nah?
Gullible Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) easily persuaded to believe something; credulous; “an attempt to persuade a gullible public to spend their money”
Gullible (गलबल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- भोला, भोला-भाला, सीधा, सीधा-साधा
- early 19th century: from gull2 + -ible.
Gullible in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Let’s not be gullible enough to assume that there isn’t a deeper agenda behind this vicious campaign.
- We suspect a gang behind credit card fraud who are targeting gullible people and on the name of bank doing online transactions.
- Police said the accused had been enrolling gullible people as agents by collecting Rs 10 lakh from a group of 10 persons.
- The bank account details so far revealed that they had so far cheated approximately 500 gullible people to the tune of Rs. 3 crore.
- He found someone naïve and gullible who he can control.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gullible
- gullible = ‘girl’ + ‘able’ –> girls are able to cheat gullible boys by their looks.
Vivid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind; “memories of that evening were still vivid”
- (adj) (of a colour) intensely deep or bright; “a vivid blue Mediterranean sea”
- (adj) (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous; “she had a deep voice and a strikingly vivid personality”
Vivid (विविड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उज्ज्वल, चंचल, चटकीला, जीवंत, सजीव
- mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere ‘to live’.
Vivid in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Make your bathroom adorable with vivid colours.
- One thing Apple has done is the wide colour display, which makes most images look richer and vivid, but again it could easily offer more.
- But it’s simply my attempt to draw a vivid picture and nothing more.
- Australia calling: Vivid Sydney is back with lights, music, ideas.
- NASA shares vivid images of auroras captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vivid
- imagine ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘d’ —> vivid colour nah?
Gaffe Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) an unintentional act or remark causing embarrassment to its originator; a blunder; “I made some real gaffes at work”
Gaffe (गैफ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चूक, भूल, ग़लती, भारी भूल
- early 20th century: from French, literally ‘boathook’ used colloquially to mean ‘blunder’.
Gaffe in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “Saying the wrong thing” is the most straightforward definition of a political gaffe, too.
- ‘Slip Of Tongue,’ Says Sports Minister Vijay Goel On Gold Medal Gaffe.
- Digvijaya’s gaffe invited immediate reactions on social media.
- Gaffe: Diggi talks of ‘India-occupied Kashmir’.
- His latest media gaffe has not come at the expense of himself for a change, but for his brother Sohail.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gaffe
- goofy gaffe bhaut karta hai