- (noun) a feeling of anxiety or dismay, typically at something unexpected; “to her consternation her car wouldn’t start”
Consternation (कान्स्टर्नेशन / कान्स्टर्नैशन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from Latin consternatio(n- ), from the verb consternare ‘lay prostrate, terrify.
Consternation in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Consternation over Bhopal encounter.
- Trump’s campaign rhetoric caused consternation in many world capitals, including Tokyo.
- Trump caused consternation in December 2015 by mooting a ban on all Muslims travelling to the United States.
- There seems to be consternation within the Congress on the proposed Grand Alliance in Uttar Pradesh on the lines of Bihar.
- School Burnings Cause Consternation in Indian Kashmir.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of consternation
- conster (~monster) + nation, monster in your nation will cause consternation
- (noun) the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation;“an infringement of the law”
- (noun) the action of limiting or undermining something;“the infringement of the right to privacy”
Infringement (इन्फ्रिन्ज्मन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अतिक्रमण, अतिलंघन, उल्लंघन
- mid 16th century: from Latin infringere, from in- ‘into’ + frangere ‘to break’.
Infringement in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The Samsung vs Apple patent infringement hearing was yesterday.
- Youtube To Mp3 Converter Sued For Copyright Infringement.
- A three-judge appeals panel stripped away Apple’s win by quoting that one patent wasn’t infringed.
- A jury had cleared Google of copyright infringement in May this year.
- Section 27 of the act provides that no action for infringement can be taken for an unregistered trademark.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of infringement
- infringe = in + firangi –> pakistani firangi crossing LOC and coming to India… infringement
- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
- (verb) (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement;“he scampered in like an overgrown puppy”
- (noun) an act of scampering;“he heard the squeak and scamper of rats”
Scamper (स्कैम्पर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तेज़ी से दौड़ जाना, भाग जाना, रफूचक्कर हो जाना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘run away’): probably from scamp.
Scamper in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Kohli reached the mark while trying to steal a single and he had to scamper to the non-striker’s end but in the end he was comfortably in.
- With none of the scamper, hurry ,bustle, dash and dart I was able to walk right up to my office desk unruffled and composed.
- The batsmen scamper through for a single.
- At this tender age when other children scamper around in their free time, this class 3 student takes on the role of a librarian.
- A bunch of rats scamper down the Metro steps (‘racing’ to outdo the other) – except those two at the top of the stairs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scamper
- scamper = scam + per … scam karke scamper
- (adj) (of a person or action) showing dedication and diligence;“he watched himself with the most sedulous care”
Sedulous (सेजलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century: from Latin sedulus ‘zealous’ + -ous.
Sedulous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The students, who are sedulous, can make a great headway in academic activities for which emotional learning is an admirable path.
- The work of Krishna District Collector Babu A, in the ongoing construction of the new capital is marked by a sedulous attention to detail.
- We hope Aamir Khan finds the suitable girl to play his daughter in Dangal and all his sedulous efforts come to fruition.
- Governments have been quite sedulous in trying to support and generally encourage the industry, in terms of offering subsidies.
- He is remembered for his sedulous work in Den Amstel and in the villages of Guyana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sedulous
- seducing a lady is no doubt a sedulous task