- (noun) a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.
Vigilante meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- निगरानी समिति सदस्य, सतर्कता समिति सदस्य
- mid 19th century: from Spanish, literally ‘vigilant’.
Vigilante in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Christians, Muslims protest over Indian cow vigilantes
- How a vigilante Facebook group tried to get “anti-national” Indians …
- India’s beef exports rise under Modi govt despite Hindu vigilante …
- How Fake News On The World’s Largest App Is Causing Vigilante …
- Vigilante ‘death squads’ using Facebook & Twitter to hunt gang …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Vigilante
- In IGI game you have to be very vigilant…i.e. keep a careful watch..hope u r a gamer!!
- An elephANT is very vigilANT when it comes to mice
- (verb) split apart; “a universe sundered ages ago in a divine war”
Sunder (सन्डर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- तोड़ना, पृथक करना, अलग करना, टुकड़े में करना
- late Old English sundrian ; related to German sondern.
Sunder in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- The gangsters sunder themselves from the group.
- It is very difficult to sunder iron from the mixture of iron and sulphur.
- He hated her and was forever sundered from her.
- Then, I tell you, we saw horses and men sunder their loves.
- They clasped and sundered, did the coupler’s will.
Mnemonic trick to sunder the meaning of sunder
- sunder ladki se alag (sunder) hona mushkil hai
ABJURE Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; “She abjured her beliefs”
Abjure (ऐब्जुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संत्याग करना, अस्वीकार करना, औपचारिक रूप से त्याग करना, शपथपूर्वक त्याग करना, त्यागना
- late Middle English: from Latin abjurare, from ab- ‘away’ + jurare ‘swear’.
Abjure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shanmuganathan asks outfits to abjure path of violence.
- One will not become patriotic by shouting slogans; one has to abjure the sentiment of enmity, violence, vigilantism and vengeance.
- PM Narendra Modi asks Naxals to abjure violence.
- There will be no talks unless they abjure violence.
- This in itself will ensure officers abjure errant behaviour.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abjure
- Salmaan khan saying “ab” “jury” ke saamne kasam khata hun kabhi drink and drive nahi karunga.
Sholay – Gabbar Singh’s before abjuring violence
Sadist Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with pictures
Sadist [sey-dist, sad-ist]
- (noun) someone who obtains pleasure from inflicting pain or others
Sadist (सैडस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Sadist in a sentence
Mnemonic Trick to remember the meaning of Sadist
- Sadist loggo ko sad karta hai
“Aa Jab Tak Hai Jaan” (Sholay) – Gabbar Singh acting as Sadist