- (noun) exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement.
- (noun) an old-fashioned term for a psychological disorder characterized by conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization) or a change in self-awareness.
Hysteria (हिस्टीरीअ / हिस्टेरीअ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (as an adjective): via Latin from Greek husterikos ‘of the womb’, from hustera ‘womb’ (hysteria being thought to be specific to women and associated with the womb).
Hysteria in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- New York Trump voters: ‘Enough with the hysteria‘.
- Democrats need to get past their hysteria and move on.
- In his biography on Khanna, Gautam Chintamani has attempted to explore the hysteria around him.
- Celebrating Girl Power: Hysteria and Hypocrisy.
- Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday ridiculed the ongoing family hysteria in the Samajwadi Party.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hysteria
- hysteria = history + mystery… creates lot of excitement… dinosaur hysteria
- (adj) denoting a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy and peaceful; “the halcyon days of the 1960s”
- (noun) a mythical bird said to breed at the time of the winter solstice in a nest floating on the sea and to have the power of calming the winds and waves.
- (Greek mythology) a woman who was turned into a kingfisher.
Halcyon (हैल्सीअन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- शांत, खुशगवार, शान्तिपूर्ण
- late Middle English (in the mythological sense): via Latin from Greek alkuōn ‘kingfisher’ (also halkuōn, by association with hals ‘sea’ and kuōn ‘conceiving’).
Halcyon in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Australian fans no longer take those halcyon days for granted after a barren period without a legspinner.
- Those halcyon years.
- Perhaps those halcyon days of the “mixed economy” were not meant to last long.
- I’m not expecting a return to those halcyon days.
- Those Halcyon Days in Winter.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of halcyon
- halcyon bole toh halke din … halka halka sa yeh nasha… 🙂
hauteur Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) haughty manner or spirit; arrogance; “she swept into the room with formidable hauteur”
Hauteur (होटर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अभिमान, अहंकार, घमंड, दर्प, ग़रूर
- French, from haut ‘high’.
Hauteur in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Spoken about but never seen in the subcontinent and a ruler from afar, she seemed to epitomise the hauteur of colonial rule.
- Narendra watches the Master with a combination of social unease, teenage hauteur and exhaustion.
- With imperious hauteur, she tells Alice, “I daresay you haven’t had much practice”.
- She has the hauteur and the glacial beauty to suggest a spectral figure who exists only as Noor’s dream object.
- With a pompous flourish of royal hauteur, he brushed aside da Gama’s lofty ambassadorial claims.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of hauteur
- hauteur = hot = high; hot ladki ka hauteur toh dekho!
Hurl Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) throw or impel (someone or something) with great force; “rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen”
- (verb) utter (abuse) vehemently; “the demonstrators hurled abuse at councillors”
- (informal) vomit; “you make me want to hurl”
- (informal) (noun) a ride in a vehicle; a lift; “hey pal, any chance of a hurl?”
Hurl (हर्ल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जोर से फेंकना, जोर से चिल्लाना
- Middle English: probably imitative, but corresponding in form and partly in sense with Low German hurreln.
Hurl in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Gold traders hurl black flags at Sushma Swaraj’s car.
- A few minutes later, they returned to the spot and hurled stones at the car and fled the scene.
- Mandya municipal councillors hurl abuses, come to blows.
- ‘Go Raksha’ activists hurl shoe at Kanhaiya.
- I’m also able to hurl myself around the station, though most of the time I only succeed in propelling myself away from the station.
Shoe hurled at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (Breaking News)
Hirsute Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Picture Dictionary
Hirsute (हर्सूट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- early 17th century: from Latin hirsutus.
Hirsute in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Hirsutism is a condition wherein a woman has excessive hair growth and the hair is usually thick and dark, rather than fine and fair.
- More than 350 hirsute men from around the world descended on the sleepy Austrian town of Leogang for 2015’s World Beard and Moustache Day.
- These hirsute men of Bollywood had absolutely no qualms in showing themselves off to the world as they were – no shame.
- All you hirsute He-men, who celebrate that fine face fur through the year, take a back seat.
- Oddly enough, hirsute and swarthy ageing Malayali male cine stars advertise gold jewellery and gold loans.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of hirsute
- Hirsute= ‘hair’ ka ‘suit’
Bollywood Hirsute Actors Who WAXED Their Chests | CHECKOUT