- (noun) the state of being important, famous, or noticeable; “she came to prominence as an artist in the 1960s”
- (noun) the fact or state of projecting from something; “radiographs showed enlargement of the right heart with prominence of the pulmonary outflow tract”
- (noun) a thing that projects from something, such as a projecting feature of the landscape or a protuberance on a part of the body; “the steep rocky prominence resembled a snow-capped mountain”
- (astronomy) a stream of incandescent gas projecting above the sun’s chromosphere.
Prominence (प्रोमिनेंस / प्रोमीनेंस / प्रॉमिनेंस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- प्रकटता, प्रख्याति, प्रमुखता, प्रसिद्धि, प्राधान्य, विशिष्टता, शोहरत, ख़्याति, मुख्यता, विशिष्ठता, ख़्याति, आगे निकला हुआ भाग, बहिर्गत भाग, उभार, ऊंचाई, उत्सेध, सौर ज्वाला
- late 16th century (denoting something that juts out): from obsolete French, from Latin prominentia‘jutting out’, from the verb prominere
Prominence in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- As cannabis is rising to prominence, investors are turning their eyes to industry opportunities that have the best long-term potential.
- New food guide set to challenge prominence of meat, dairy industries.
- Former defence minister George Fernandes first shot into national prominence when he defeated Congress stalwart S K Patil.
- Football Returns to National Prominence.
- Blockchain came to prominence in 2009 as the underlying technology of Bitcoin and subsequently the wider cryptocurrency landscape.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of prominence
- prominence — pro ban gaye miya
- (verb) (of a state or feeling) decrease in vigour or extent; become weaker; “confidence in the dollar waned”
- (verb) (of the moon) have a progressively smaller part of its visible surface illuminated, so that it appears to decrease in size; “the moon is waning”
- (Phrase) on the wane — becoming weaker or less extensive; “the epidemic was on the wane”
- (noun) the amount by which a plank or log is bevelled or falls short of a squared shape; “I cut the log into slabs without removing the outside wane”
Wane (वेन / वैन) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- उतरना, घटना, ढलना, कम होना, क्षीण होना, अधोगति, अवनति, कमी, क्षय, घटाव, पतन, ह्रास, चंद घटना
- Old English wanian ‘lessen’, of Germanic origin; related to Latin vanus ‘vain’.
Wane in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Manufacturing activity picks up but optimism continues to wane.
- US Report Says Anti-Americanism On the Wane in Greece.
- India’s craze for gold on the wane as yellow metal gets dearer.
- Atheism may be on the wane in Britain.
- Davos: Citigroup CEO admits London focus will wane after Brexit.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of wane
- wane === opposite of gain
Affirm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) state emphatically or publicly; “he affirmed that they would lend military assistance”
- (verb) declare one’s support for; uphold; defend; “the charter affirmed the right of national minorities to use their own language”
- (law) accept or confirm the validity of (a judgement or agreement); ratify;”the Court of Appeal affirmed a decision of the High Court”
- (law) make a formal declaration rather than taking an oath; “he refused to take the oath but chose simply to affirm on being admitted to the Privy Council”
- (verb) offer (someone) emotional support or encouragement; “there are five common ways parents fail to affirm their children”
Affirm (अफर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, पुष्टि करना, प्रतिज्ञान करना, अनुमोदन करना, दावे से कहना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘make firm’): via Old French from Latin affirmare, from ad- ‘to’ + firmus ‘strong’.
Affirm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- In fact, every industry statesman will affirm that leadership centred around values is inevitable for the building of a legacy.
- As a litterateur, I affirm that the current so-called “intolerance” by regional and nation media is of no help.
- YSR Congress MLAs affirm faith in Jagan’s leadership.
- The violent battle on 22 March in Hyderabad University seems part of an ongoing coordinated action to affirm dominance and power.
- Ask firmly, negotiate smartly, affirm gently, and settle happily!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affirm
- Affirm = A + ‘firm’ statement
You Must Affirm What You Want! (Law Of Attraction)
Metamorphosis Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a change of the form or nature of a thing or person into a completely different one.
Metamorphosis (मेटमॉर्फसिस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
रूपान्तर करना, कायापलट, बदलाव, रूप भेद
- late Middle English: via Latin from Greek metamorphōsis, from metamorphoun ‘transform, change shape’.
Metamorphosis in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Perhaps Delhi’s metamorphosis is because of the change in its demography over the years.
- From mid-match retirements to sheer ruthlessness: The fascinating metamorphosis of Djokovic.
- Alok Nath’s metamorphosis from a regular actor to the much-revered Babuji happened in this legendary film.
- For Parineeti, the prep towards this startling metamorphosis began in February when she signed up for martial arts training.
- The country is going through a digital metamorphosis.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of metamorphosis
- meta = many, morp = shape or form
Will explains the meaning of metamorphosis
Harangue Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a lengthy and aggressive speech
(verb) lecture (someone) at length in an aggressive and critical manner
Harangue meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
भाषण, भाषण देना, उग्र भाषण देना
- late Middle English: from Old French arenge, from medieval Latin harenga, perhaps of Germanic origin. The spelling was later altered to conform with French harangue (noun), haranguer (verb).
Harangue in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- And both are prepared to bully, harangue, and lie to get ahead.
- He “cursed the entire uniform(ed) body” during a 90-minute harangue.
- I hate to end the year with a harangue against a major technology company, but I must.
- He did periodically harangue me for wasting my natural business development / sales skills.
- he Prime Minister was sending a signal to the right-wing fringe in the BJP that it must tone down its harangue, the analyst added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of harangue
- HAR (her) + ANGUE (anger) = jab kisi ‘her’ ko ‘anger’ aaye toh harangue sunne ke liye ready ho jao dosto