- (noun) the lowest or most unsuccessful point in a situation. “asking that question was the nadir of my career”
- (noun) the point on the celestial sphere directly below an observer.
Nadir meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सबसे निम्न स्तर, बिल्कुल निम्न स्तर, अधोबिंदु
- late Middle English (in nadir (sense 2 of the noun)): via French from Arabic naẓīr (as-samt) ‘opposite (to the zenith)’.
Nadir in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- India’s cancellation of Kashmir’s special status will have consequences, The significance of Kashmir to India is difficult to exaggerate. …. After reaching a nadir about 20 years ago, the insurgency abated and, though it …
- Siddhartha, a victim of tax terrorism?, … had reached such a nadir for the CCD promoter to take his own life. … from license raj to inspector raj, which is seriously bothering India Inc”.
- An organic party?, As long as it stayed that way, it stagnated or plummeted to a nadir. … The same “raw wisdom” counselled him to bracket India Inc and the …
- Nadir in the valleyIndia’s government is intensifying a failed strategy in …, Relations between India and Pakistan are returning to the normal huffy disdain after a week of military brinkmanship. For the divided and …
- Does the Indian Left have a future?, It thus so happened that I was in India’s sole Left-ruled state on the eve of … 2019 marks the nadir of the communist movement in India, the high …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Nadir
- na+gir meaning from where one cannot fall that is the lowest point…
- think of extremely low-hanging testicles, or NADS (slang), then think of NADir as the lowest point of the male reproductive system (no offense)
How To Pronounce Nadir
Current Political Environment : Has it reached the nadir of politics?