- (verb) clear the bed of (a harbour, river, or other area of water) by scooping out mud, weeds, and rubbish with a dredge. “the lower stretch of the river had been dredged”
- (verb) bring up or clear (something) from a river, harbour, or other area of water with a dredge. “mud was dredged out of the harbour”
- (verb) bring something unwelcome and forgotten or obscure to people’s attention. “I don’t understand why you had to dredge up this story”
- (noun) an apparatus for bringing up objects or mud from a river or seabed by scooping or dragging.
Dredge meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- सीपियों का जाल, तलकर्षण करना, बुरकना, जाल से पकड़ना, तलकर्षण करना, छिड़क देना, छिड़कना, डालना, झाम
- late 15th century (as a noun; originally in dredge-boat ): perhaps related to Middle Dutch dregghe‘grappling hook’.
- late 16th century: from obsolete dredge ‘sweetmeat, mixture of spices’, from Old French dragie, perhaps via Latin from Greek tragēmata ‘spices’. Compare with dragée.
Dredge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Global Dredging Market Latest Trend Gaining Momentum in Industry …
- Four Port Trusts Buy Dredging Corporation of India
- Cabinet Clears Strategic Sale Of Government Equity In Dredging …
- Plan to dredge out Ganga bed silt deposits
- Pre-dredging survey at Chapora river mouth to deepen navigational …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Dredge
- Dredge: dragging dead from the ground!
- (verb) (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement;“he scampered in like an overgrown puppy”
- (noun) an act of scampering;“he heard the squeak and scamper of rats”
Scamper (स्कैम्पर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तेज़ी से दौड़ जाना, भाग जाना, रफूचक्कर हो जाना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘run away’): probably from scamp.
Scamper in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Kohli reached the mark while trying to steal a single and he had to scamper to the non-striker’s end but in the end he was comfortably in.
- With none of the scamper, hurry ,bustle, dash and dart I was able to walk right up to my office desk unruffled and composed.
- The batsmen scamper through for a single.
- At this tender age when other children scamper around in their free time, this class 3 student takes on the role of a librarian.
- A bunch of rats scamper down the Metro steps (‘racing’ to outdo the other) – except those two at the top of the stairs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scamper
- scamper = scam + per … scam karke scamper
- (noun) an exact copy or model of something, especially one on a smaller scale; “Amelie was physically a replica of her mother”
Replica (रेप्लक / रेप्लिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- प्रतिकृति, प्रतिरूप, प्रतिरूप
- mid 18th century (as a musical term in the sense ‘a repeat’): from Italian, from replicare ‘to reply’.
Replica in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- He offered prayers at the statue of Lord Ganesha, which was a replica of the ‘Lalbaug ka Raja’
- Missing her deeply, the heartbroken husband tried to fill the vacuum in his life by buying a replica model of the woman he loved.
- MS Dhoni: Sushant Singh Rajput plays a replica of helicopter shot.
- Although it’s not an exact replica of Escobar’s life, some things were changed to suit the series’ drama quotien
- A replica of Mumbai’s Gateway of India will come up at Boring Road crossing.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of replica
- replica – rep.. rep.. repetition – same face
Vivid Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transaltion with picture dictionary
- (adj) producing powerful feelings or strong, clear images in the mind; “memories of that evening were still vivid”
- (adj) (of a colour) intensely deep or bright; “a vivid blue Mediterranean sea”
- (adj) (of a person or animal) lively and vigorous; “she had a deep voice and a strikingly vivid personality”
Vivid (विविड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उज्ज्वल, चंचल, चटकीला, जीवंत, सजीव
- mid 17th century: from Latin vividus, from vivere ‘to live’.
Vivid in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- Make your bathroom adorable with vivid colours.
- One thing Apple has done is the wide colour display, which makes most images look richer and vivid, but again it could easily offer more.
- But it’s simply my attempt to draw a vivid picture and nothing more.
- Australia calling: Vivid Sydney is back with lights, music, ideas.
- NASA shares vivid images of auroras captured by the Hubble Space Telescope.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of vivid
- imagine ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘v’ ‘i’ ‘d’ —> vivid colour nah?
Parry Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) ward off (a weapon or attack) with a countermove; “Jack Sparrow parried the blow by holding his sword vertically”
- (verb) answer (a question or accusation) evasively; “I parried her constant questions about my job-hunting activities”
- (noun) an act or instance of parrying, as in fencing; “the swords clashed in a parry”
Parry meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बचाव, हिफ़ाज़त, टाल-मटोल, टलना, बचना, रोकना, टाल जाना, वार बचाना
- late 17th century: probably representing French parez! ‘ward off!’, imperative of parer, from Italian parare ‘ward off’.
Parry in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- She put on her sunglasses to parry his probing eyes.
- The boxer put up his fists to parry his opponent’s punch.
- Each time Riley lunged with his sword, Arthur would parry the blow by blocking it with his own blade.
- Before Mary walked away, she tried to parry Ann’s insult with one of her own.
- Alex attempted to parry his wife’s attack by covering his face with his hands.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of parry
- parry the blow… remember this Jack sparrow image