- (noun) the branch of science concerned with fossil animals and plants.
Paleontology (पेलीअन्टालजी / पैलीअन्टालजी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 19th century: from palaeo- + Greek onta ‘beings’ (neuter plural of ōn, present participle of einai ‘be’) + -logy.
Paleontology in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is known for its abundant fossil accumulation and is a subject of awe and envy among paleontologists all over the world.
- He wanted six skinny scientists with a background in archaeology or paleontology.
- Now we see the applications of AI in a variety of fields ranging from the medicine to paleontology.
- Paleontologists from the University of Queensland have recently found dinosaur footprints engraved in rocks near the Kimberly coast.
- A paleontological team in Pakistan claims to have discovered a 1.1-million-year-old elephant tusk.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paleontology
- paleontology = pale (dull) + eon (age) + to + logy(study)
WHAT IS PALEONTOLOGY?
(noun) a trace or remnant of something that is disappearing or no longer exists; “the last vestiges of colonialism”
(noun) the smallest amount; “she showed no vestige of emotion”
(Biology) a part or organ of an organism which has become reduced or functionless in the course of evolution.
Vestige (वेस्टिज) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
चिह्न, निशान, पता, शेष, अवशेष
- late Middle English: from French, from Latin vestigium ‘footprint’.
Vestige in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- General Jacob was the last vestige of a dying Jewish community in India.
- The wall is revered as a vestige of Judaism’s two ancient temples and access to it is segregated by gender.
- Clarke is the last vestige of Ponting’s once-in-a-lifetime squad and with his retirement my enthusiasm for the game has diminished sharply.
- The only vestige of humanity and Indianness came from Akhlaq’s son, an Indian Air Force employee, who spoke about the incident.
- Nahoum’s, the city’s last surviving Jewish bakery, remains a vestige of that dwindling heritage.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of word vestige
- vestige -> in + (vestigate) = link it to remains/traces
Jurassic Park cloning video
(verb) make (someone) so frightened that they are unable to move; “the thought of speaking in public petrified her”
(verb) change into stone; “the petrified remains of prehistoric animals”
Petrify (पेट्रफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पत्थर बनाना, कड़ा बनाना, पत्थर हो जाना, हक्का बक्का कर देना, हाथ पाँव फुला देना
- late Middle English: from French pétrifier, from medieval Latin petrificare, from Latin petra ‘rock’, from Greek.
Petrify in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Mathematics used to petrify IT minister K.T. Rama Rao when he was a student.
- He was always good at mimicry and would often accompany the shadows with scary noises that used to petrify me.
- Well, I think this blast, just a few days before the New Year, is clearly an attempt to petrify people who visit Church Street.
- His presence in a press room, in a stadium or a restaurant, is enough to petrify anyone in the first instance.
- My parents used to petrify us with stories when we were children!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of petrify
I Am Petrified Of Making Mistakes In Front Of The Camera : Amitabh Bachchan