- (adj) (of food) tender, juicy, and tasty; “heaps of succulent black grapes”
- (botany) (of a plant, especially a xerophyte) having thick fleshy leaves or stems adapted to storing water; “the ever-increasing popularity of succulent plants”
Succulent (सक्यलिन्ट / सक्युलन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- early 17th century: from Latin succulentus, from succus ‘juice’.
Succulent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Cactus and succulent plant fever has swept Nagaland and gardeners are discovering the joys of growing these spiky plants over flowery ones.
- Arid land yields a bounty of succulent fruits.
- The succulent chicken was so tasty, that it went well with the spiced rice.
- Native to South Africa, jade plants are succulents that retain water in their round, green leaves.
- The acids in the marinade react with the lean muscle fibers in the meat and break them down, resulting in a more succulent piece of meat.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of succulent
Pensive Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) engaged in, involving, or reflecting deep or serious thought; “a pensive mood”
Pensive (पेन्सिव) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- चिंताग्रस्त, ध्यानपरायण, उदासीन, धयान मगन
- late Middle English: from Old French pensif, -ive, from penser ‘think’, from Latin pensare ‘ponder’, frequentative of pendere ‘weigh’.
Pensive in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- BJP-backed independent candidate Preeti Mahapatra in a pensive mood after she lost the Rajya Sabha election in Lucknow on Saturday.
- It usually starts with the girl worried, pensive and full of self-doubt. It’s just not working out for her. Till she meets the seven day cream. Applies it.
- MS Dhoni Biopic Poster Features a Pensive Sushant Singh Rajput.
- He sounded tired, pensive, almost despondent.
- In another image, 26-year-old Anna looked pensive while filming alongside Teen wolf star Jackson Heywood.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pensive
- imagine a image with “pen” in your mouth – you will look pensive