- (adj) (especially of a principle, place, or routine) regarded as too important or valuable to be interfered with;“the individual’s right to work has been upheld as sacrosanct”
Sacrosanct (सैक्रोसैंगक्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: from Latin sacrosanctus, from sacro ‘by a sacred rite’ (ablative of sacrum ) + sanctus ‘holy’.
Sacrosanct in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Operational military matters are sacrosanct and discussing them like movie reviews is foolishness.
- The Supreme Court is the highest court of the land and its word is final and sacrosanct.
- All three forces — Army, Air Force and Navy — are treated as sacrosanct in India.
- The Indian society may consider marriage to be sacrosanct.
- Independence of judiciary is sacrosanct, says law minister RS Prasad.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sacrosanct
- Sacrosanct = Sacro (100’s) + “sant” ; something must be ‘sacred’ here.
- (adj) (of a person or action) showing dedication and diligence;“he watched himself with the most sedulous care”
Sedulous (सेजलस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 16th century: from Latin sedulus ‘zealous’ + -ous.
Sedulous in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The students, who are sedulous, can make a great headway in academic activities for which emotional learning is an admirable path.
- The work of Krishna District Collector Babu A, in the ongoing construction of the new capital is marked by a sedulous attention to detail.
- We hope Aamir Khan finds the suitable girl to play his daughter in Dangal and all his sedulous efforts come to fruition.
- Governments have been quite sedulous in trying to support and generally encourage the industry, in terms of offering subsidies.
- He is remembered for his sedulous work in Den Amstel and in the villages of Guyana.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of sedulous
- seducing a lady is no doubt a sedulous task
Tantrum Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with Picture Dictionary
- (noun) an uncontrolled outburst of anger and frustration, typically in a young child; “she throws a tantrum when she can’t get the toy she wants”
Tantrum meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- गुस्से का आवेश, झुंझलाहट का आवेश, चिढ़ का आवेश, खीज का आवेश
- early 18th century: of unknown origin.
Tantrum in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The dapper Karan Patel seems to be a tantrum king in real life.
- She said that Shah Rukh doesn’t have any starry tantrums, he has one exception though.
- 10 Ways To Handle Toddler Tantrums.
- For instance, the boy throws a tantrum demanding idli, sambhar and rasam when served scrumptious butter chicken and meat loaves.
- Few days back, we heard how he threw tantrums on the sets of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein and went home.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of tantrums
- tantrums – ‘ten’ + ‘rum’ peene ke baad chidchide ho hi jaaoge
Salacious Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) having or conveying undue or indecent interest in sexual matters; “salacious stories”
Salacious (सलेशस / सलैशस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- अश्लील, कामुक, गंदा, ऐयाश, कामातुर, ज़िनाकार
- mid 17th century: from Latin salax, salac- (from salire ‘to leap’) + -ious.
Salacious in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Salacious tales of spouses cheating on their better halves cram the history books.
- The chapter wants to stay true to its genre (erotica) and in terms of salacious language and generous double entendres, it succeeds.
- KFC is not known for its salacious advertising.
- The five booksellers worked for a Hong Kong publishing house famous for salacious titles about high-ranking Chinese politicians.
- There are many salacious stories that the Raj Bhavans generate in various state capitals.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of salacious
- sala – sali ki salacious stories
Petrify Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) make (someone) so frightened that they are unable to move; “the thought of speaking in public petrified her”
(verb) change into stone; “the petrified remains of prehistoric animals”
Petrify (पेट्रफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पत्थर बनाना, कड़ा बनाना, पत्थर हो जाना, हक्का बक्का कर देना, हाथ पाँव फुला देना
- late Middle English: from French pétrifier, from medieval Latin petrificare, from Latin petra ‘rock’, from Greek.
Petrify in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Mathematics used to petrify IT minister K.T. Rama Rao when he was a student.
- He was always good at mimicry and would often accompany the shadows with scary noises that used to petrify me.
- Well, I think this blast, just a few days before the New Year, is clearly an attempt to petrify people who visit Church Street.
- His presence in a press room, in a stadium or a restaurant, is enough to petrify anyone in the first instance.
- My parents used to petrify us with stories when we were children!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of petrify
I Am Petrified Of Making Mistakes In Front Of The Camera : Amitabh Bachchan