- (verb) totally bewilder or perplex. “an unexplained occurrence that baffled everyone”
- (verb) restrain or regulate (a fluid, sound, etc.). “to baffle the noise further, I pad the gunwales”
- a device used to restrain the flow of a fluid, gas, etc. or to prevent the spreading of sound or light in a particular direction. “you can cut out glare from a strip light by concealing it behind a baffle”
Baffle meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- बाधिका, रोक, व्यारोध, चक्कर में डाल देना, गतिरोघक, ठगना, घबड़ा देना, चकरा देना, व्यर्थ या निष्फल कर देना, असमंजस में डालना, व्यर्थ करना, हैरान करना, विफल करना, चक्कर में डाल देना, मात देना, रोध, रोध पटल
- late 16th century (in the sense ‘cheat, deceive’): perhaps related to French bafouer ‘ridicule’ or obsolete French beffer ‘mock, deceive’.
Baffle in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Scary School Girls Baffle Investigators, Investigators are baffled by the scary behaviour of a group of girl students … “Psychiatry is unfortunately not taught in MBBS anywhere in India.
- India’s first ‘Scrambler style exhaust’ for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 …, India’s first ‘Scrambler style exhaust’ for Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 is here …. It comes with a baffle that which helps it meet the Indian noise …
- Mysterious waves rippled around the world for 20 minutes, baffle …, … rolled around the world. The ripples, that originated 15 miles off the shores of a tiny island Mayotte in the Indian Ocean, lasted for 20 minutes.
- Is India’s GDP growth good, bad, or ugly? Puzzling data baffle …, A change in the methodology to calculate gross domestic product is partly why India’s data is puzzling and is prompting economists to find a …
- Mystery Quakes in Maharashtra’s Dahanu Baffle Experts, Force 60 …, Many students have left their schools in Dhundalwadi (the epicentre of the tremors in Palghar district) and returned to their homes in and …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Baffle
- baffle sounds like buffalo and a wild buffalo can really frustrate you with his crazy actions.
- Baffle = frustrate = bewilder. Now u can imagine about a Buffalo getting wild…