- (noun) the final performance or activity of a person’s career. “he has decided to make this tour his swansong”
Swansong meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- अंतिम कृति, अंतिम प्रयास
- early 19th century: suggested by German Schwanengesang, a song like that fabled to be sung by a dying swan.
Swansong in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Sachin Tendulkar’s swansong at Lahli ‘inspired’ Rohtak-born Shafali Verma to … On Thursday, the 15-year-old was picked to play for India.
- Hamilton Masakadza’s record-setting swansong helps …, Zimbabwe captain Hamilton Masakadza played his last game of international cricket on Friday leading his team to a 7-wicket win over ...
- India triumph in ICC World T20 turns 12: Where are the heroes …, The T20 format was in its infancy and India, under MS Dhoni, took the world … and is nearing his international swansong in ODIs and T20Is too.
- Fact Check: This is not the swansong of Lata Mangeshkar, India Today Anti Fake News War Room (AFWA) this claim to be incorrect. The song is a little more than a five years old. The nonagenarian …
- Advani’s swansong: an intervention that lacks conviction, And as one of the founders of the party, he deemed it his duty “to share my reflections with the people of India, and more specifically with the …