- (verb) say something in answer to a remark, typically in a sharp, angry, or witty manner; “‘No need to be rude,’ retorted Isabel”
- (noun) a sharp, angry, or witty reply; “she opened her mouth to make a suitably cutting retort”
- (noun) a container or furnace for carrying out a chemical process on a large or industrial scale; “a laboratory full of bubbling retorts and crackling electrical equipment”
Retort meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Meaning)
- मुंहतोड़ जवाब, कड़ा उत्तर देना
- late 15th century (in the sense ‘hurl back an accusation or insult’): from Latin retort- ‘twisted back, cast back’, from the verb retorquere, from re- ‘in return’ + torquere ‘to twist’.
Retort in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu editorial newspaper)
- Nani’s Retort to a crazy fan is going viral.
- Asked an emotional Mamata Banerjee in her retort to a BJP leader’s comments in which he called the West Bengal chief minister a ‘hijra’.
- People of Kashmir retort, is the Supreme Court oblivious of the fact that Kashmir was peaceful from October 2016 to April 2017!
- Some males bring nesting material, while others weave thin threads into retort-shaped structures.
- In retort, Sooraj said he was a member of the mess and had every right to be there, and allegedly added that he would eat beef inside the mess.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of retort
- resort mein retort mat karna… bhaga denge
Nerd Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transalation
- (noun) a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.“I was a serious nerd until I discovered girls and cars”
- (noun) an intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession
Nerd (नर्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पढ़ाकू,बुद्धिमान किंतु एकनिष्ठ व्यक्ति,बेवकूफ व्यक्ति,असामाजिक किंतु तेज दिमाग व्यक्ति
Nerd in a news sentence
Epic Rap Battle: Nerd vs. Geek – Must Watch
Blasphemy Vocab Meme +1 Vocab meme to your Wordlist Via
- (noun) the action or offence of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.
Blasphemy (ब्लैस्फमी) meaning in Hindi
- ईश-निन्दा,निन्दा (f),ईश्वर निन्दा (f)
Blasphemy usage in recent news (Blasphemy in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of word Blasphemy
- blasphemy >> bless+famous…Famous people are so proud of their success that they often disrespect God- they are never to be Blessed ! – by paula_3004
How to pronounce Blasphemy
Veena Malik sentenced to 26YEARS of JAIL for BLASPHEMY
Revelry Vocab Meme +1 Vocabulary Word to your WordList
Revelry ˈ[rɛvlri] (noun)
- unrestrained merrymaking; Boisterous merrymaking.
Revelry Hindi meaning
- धूमधाम की दावत,आमोद प्रमोद,ऐश,आनंदोत्सव
Revelry Word Usage in Recent News
Revelry Mnemonic Trick:
Sounds like “jewelry”. You buy jewelry when you are in revelry.
Watch this beautiful “Kings Of Leon – Revelry” Song