- (adj) delaying or delayed beyond the right or expected time; late; “please forgive this tardy reply”
Tardy (टार्डी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi dictionary)
- आलसी, ढीला, दीर्घसूत्री, धीमा,मन्द, मन्दगति, विलम्बी, सुस्त, मंथर, मंदा
- mid 16th century: from French tardif, -ive, from Latin tardus ‘slow’
Tardy in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Protesters decry ‘tardy‘ progress in murder probe.
- Uber Trials Late Fine for Tardy Riders.
- Irrigation minister T Harish Rao was dissatisfied over the tardy progress of work in the second phase of Mission Kakatiya.
- Tardy reporting not acceptable.
- BJP divided over ‘tardy pace of CBI probe’.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of tardy
- tardy – tired- slow- sluggish
Mentos Classroom Old Ad Best Ad in Indian Histoy