- (adj) outdated or obsolete through age or new developments; “superannuated computing equipment”
- (adj) (of a post or employee) belonging to a superannuation scheme; “she is not superannuated and has no paid holiday”
- (verb) retire (someone) with a pension; “his pilot’s licence was withdrawn and he was superannuated”
Superannuated (सूपरैन्यूएट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- पुराना हो जाना, सेवा निवृत्त हो जाना
- mid 17th century: back-formation from superannuated, from medieval Latin superannuatus, from Latin super- ‘over’ + annus ‘year’.
Superannuated in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- Life’s too short to read superannuated Marxists.
- The Indian fleet has less than 30 superannuated medium-size anti-sub helicopters, the first of which was bought in 1971.
- Joshi, who will superannuate in June, is one of the five high profile.
- When I retired, I went from SVP to superannuated in the space of an hour.
- Both the MDs have a tenure of nearly two years and will be superannuated in 2019.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of superannuated
- super + annum = super purana… saalo saal purana
- (verb) split apart; “a universe sundered ages ago in a divine war”
Sunder (सन्डर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- तोड़ना, पृथक करना, अलग करना, टुकड़े में करना
- late Old English sundrian ; related to German sondern.
Sunder in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper editorial)
- The gangsters sunder themselves from the group.
- It is very difficult to sunder iron from the mixture of iron and sulphur.
- He hated her and was forever sundered from her.
- Then, I tell you, we saw horses and men sunder their loves.
- They clasped and sundered, did the coupler’s will.
Mnemonic trick to sunder the meaning of sunder
- sunder ladki se alag (sunder) hona mushkil hai
- (adj) splendid and expensive-looking; “the banquet was a sumptuous, luxurious meal”
Sumptuous (सम्प्चूअस / सम्प्च्वस / सम्प्चूअस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- आलीशान, बहुमूल्य, महंगा, वैभवशाली, शानदार, ठाठ का
- late Middle English (in the sense ‘made or produced at great cost’): from Old French somptueux, from Latin sumptuosus, from sumptus ‘expenditure’
Sumptuous in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu Newspaper editorial)
- Angelina Jolie divorced, she buys a sumptuous house!
- Tempt your taste buds with sumptuous Easter menu at Yauatcha.
- Pair the perfect wine with a sumptuous Easter dinner.
- Special prayers, sumptuous meal mark Navroz celebration in Thane.
- Our teeth are the ones who bear the brunt of our sumptuous lifestyle.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Sumptuous
- (adj) vivacious and enthusiastic; “effervescent young people”
- (adj) (of a liquid) giving off bubbles; fizzy; “an effervescent mixture of cheap wine, fruit flavours, sugar, and carbon dioxide”
Effervescent (एफर्वेसन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उत्तेजित, उत्साहपूर्ण, प्रबुदबुद, चमकता हुआ, उत्साही व अति अनुरागी
- late 17th century: from Latin effervescent- ‘boiling up’, from the verb effervescere.
Effervescent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The young and effervescent Alia.
- It might be her best work so far – audacious, effervescent and all the while, completely unaffected.
- The effervescent actress, who made her debut in 2011 in ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’, elaborated that she has always maintained a low profile.
- Donning a musical avatar in Rock On 2, actress Shraddha Kapoor is as effervescent in person as she is on screen.
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor wore a red gown. the actor was as effervescent as always.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of effervescent
- effective scent lagaoge toh ladkiyon uchalengi… (Your scent can make girls effervescent)