- (adj) vivacious and enthusiastic; “effervescent young people”
- (adj) (of a liquid) giving off bubbles; fizzy; “an effervescent mixture of cheap wine, fruit flavours, sugar, and carbon dioxide”
Effervescent (एफर्वेसन्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- उत्तेजित, उत्साहपूर्ण, प्रबुदबुद, चमकता हुआ, उत्साही व अति अनुरागी
- late 17th century: from Latin effervescent- ‘boiling up’, from the verb effervescere.
Effervescent in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The young and effervescent Alia.
- It might be her best work so far – audacious, effervescent and all the while, completely unaffected.
- The effervescent actress, who made her debut in 2011 in ‘Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl’, elaborated that she has always maintained a low profile.
- Donning a musical avatar in Rock On 2, actress Shraddha Kapoor is as effervescent in person as she is on screen.
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor wore a red gown. the actor was as effervescent as always.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of effervescent
- effective scent lagaoge toh ladkiyon uchalengi… (Your scent can make girls effervescent)
- (noun) exaggerated or uncontrollable emotion or excitement.
- (noun) an old-fashioned term for a psychological disorder characterized by conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization) or a change in self-awareness.
Hysteria (हिस्टीरीअ / हिस्टेरीअ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 17th century (as an adjective): via Latin from Greek husterikos ‘of the womb’, from hustera ‘womb’ (hysteria being thought to be specific to women and associated with the womb).
Hysteria in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- New York Trump voters: ‘Enough with the hysteria‘.
- Democrats need to get past their hysteria and move on.
- In his biography on Khanna, Gautam Chintamani has attempted to explore the hysteria around him.
- Celebrating Girl Power: Hysteria and Hypocrisy.
- Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on Wednesday ridiculed the ongoing family hysteria in the Samajwadi Party.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Hysteria
- hysteria = history + mystery… creates lot of excitement… dinosaur hysteria
- (adj) witheringly scornful; severely critical; “Kejriwal launched a scathing attack on the Prime Minister”
Scathing (स्केदिंग / स्कैदिंग) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तीखा, हानि पहुंचाने वाला, नुकसान पहुंचाने वाला
- Middle English: from Old Norse skathi (noun), skatha (verb); related to Dutch and German schaden (verb).
Scathing in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nick Smith dodges questions on scathing environment report.
- Modi is doing ‘khoon ki dalaali’: Rahul’s scathing attack on PM.
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal made a scathing attack on the BJP state government in Gujarat for utilizing force during the Patel agitation.
- BJP at the national council launched a scathing attack on Pakistan following the Uri terror attack.
- He’s a punk, he’s a dog, he’s a pig: Robert De Niro’s scathing attack on Donald Trump.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scathing
- (verb) (especially of a small animal or child) run with quick light steps, especially through fear or excitement;“he scampered in like an overgrown puppy”
- (noun) an act of scampering;“he heard the squeak and scamper of rats”
Scamper (स्कैम्पर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- तेज़ी से दौड़ जाना, भाग जाना, रफूचक्कर हो जाना
- late 17th century (in the sense ‘run away’): probably from scamp.
Scamper in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Kohli reached the mark while trying to steal a single and he had to scamper to the non-striker’s end but in the end he was comfortably in.
- With none of the scamper, hurry ,bustle, dash and dart I was able to walk right up to my office desk unruffled and composed.
- The batsmen scamper through for a single.
- At this tender age when other children scamper around in their free time, this class 3 student takes on the role of a librarian.
- A bunch of rats scamper down the Metro steps (‘racing’ to outdo the other) – except those two at the top of the stairs.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of scamper
- scamper = scam + per … scam karke scamper