Paleontology Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the branch of science concerned with fossil animals and plants.
Paleontology (पेलीअन्टालजी / पैलीअन्टालजी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- mid 19th century: from palaeo- + Greek onta ‘beings’ (neuter plural of ōn, present participle of einai ‘be’) + -logy.
Paleontology in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is known for its abundant fossil accumulation and is a subject of awe and envy among paleontologists all over the world.
- He wanted six skinny scientists with a background in archaeology or paleontology.
- Now we see the applications of AI in a variety of fields ranging from the medicine to paleontology.
- Paleontologists from the University of Queensland have recently found dinosaur footprints engraved in rocks near the Kimberly coast.
- A paleontological team in Pakistan claims to have discovered a 1.1-million-year-old elephant tusk.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Paleontology
- paleontology = pale (dull) + eon (age) + to + logy(study)
WHAT IS PALEONTOLOGY?
ABJURE Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) formally reject or disavow a formerly held belief, usually under pressure; “She abjured her beliefs”
Abjure (ऐब्जुर) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संत्याग करना, अस्वीकार करना, औपचारिक रूप से त्याग करना, शपथपूर्वक त्याग करना, त्यागना
- late Middle English: from Latin abjurare, from ab- ‘away’ + jurare ‘swear’.
Abjure in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Shanmuganathan asks outfits to abjure path of violence.
- One will not become patriotic by shouting slogans; one has to abjure the sentiment of enmity, violence, vigilantism and vengeance.
- PM Narendra Modi asks Naxals to abjure violence.
- There will be no talks unless they abjure violence.
- This in itself will ensure officers abjure errant behaviour.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of abjure
- Salmaan khan saying “ab” “jury” ke saamne kasam khata hun kabhi drink and drive nahi karunga.
Sholay – Gabbar Singh’s before abjuring violence
Accede Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) agree to a demand, request, or treaty.“the authorities did not accede to the strikers’ demands”
- (verb) assume an office or position; “Elizabeth I acceded to the throne in 1558”
- (verb) become a member of an organization; “Albania acceded to the IMF in 1990”
Accede (ऐक्सीड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- स्वीकार करना, पद या कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, सम्मिलित होना, सहमत होना, झुक जाना, पद ग्रहण करना, कार्यभार ग्रहण करना, मान लेना
- late Middle English (in the general sense ‘come forward, approach’): from Latin accedere, from ad- ‘to’ + cedere ‘give way, yield’.
Accede in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Thus it became incumbent upon the stewards to accede to Shah’s request and investigate further.
- Besides this, I had verbally assured the Quaid-i-Azam that I would accede to Pakistan as soon as it was established.
- If the TDP fails to accede to the Kapu demands, it will be doomed, they warned.
- Jinnah accepted Junagadh’s accession to Pakistan and strenuously encouraged the Nizam of Hyderabad not to accede to India.
- “If we allow this, then the government will have no choice but to accede to the growing demands of SC and ST communities,” he added.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of accede
- accede = ac + cede (yield to)
Crime Master Gogo Scene – Andaz Apna Apna
Vestige Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture Dictionary
(noun) a trace or remnant of something that is disappearing or no longer exists; “the last vestiges of colonialism”
(noun) the smallest amount; “she showed no vestige of emotion”
(Biology) a part or organ of an organism which has become reduced or functionless in the course of evolution.
Vestige (वेस्टिज) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
चिह्न, निशान, पता, शेष, अवशेष
- late Middle English: from French, from Latin vestigium ‘footprint’.
Vestige in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- General Jacob was the last vestige of a dying Jewish community in India.
- The wall is revered as a vestige of Judaism’s two ancient temples and access to it is segregated by gender.
- Clarke is the last vestige of Ponting’s once-in-a-lifetime squad and with his retirement my enthusiasm for the game has diminished sharply.
- The only vestige of humanity and Indianness came from Akhlaq’s son, an Indian Air Force employee, who spoke about the incident.
- Nahoum’s, the city’s last surviving Jewish bakery, remains a vestige of that dwindling heritage.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of word vestige
- vestige -> in + (vestigate) = link it to remains/traces
Jurassic Park cloning video
Gainsay Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) deny or contradict (a fact or statement) “it was difficult to gainsay his claim”
(verb) speak against or oppose (someone) “none could gainsay her”
Gainsay meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
विरोध करना, चुनौती देना, खण्डन करना, प्रतिवाद करना, अस्वीकार करना
- Middle English: from obsolete gain- ‘against’ + say.
Gainsay in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- “There is no gainsay from such statements,” Mr. Diwan pointed out.
- “There is then no gainsay in the fact that transgenders enjoy basic human rights including protection from violence and discrimination.
- He was a perfectionist, but he will gainsay it for that’s what invariably makes him a perfectionist.
- If these demanding practices help Muslims find peace and God, no one has a right to gainsay them.
- But he also makes points that officials struggle to gainsay.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of gainsay
- gainsay = gain weight?? say it… don’t deny… don’t gainsay