- (adj) (of a person or manner) feeling or appearing casually calm and relaxed; not displaying anxiety, interest, or enthusiasm;“she gave a nonchalant shrug”
Nonchalant (नान्शलान्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बेपरवाह, उदासीन, निर्लज्ज
- mid 18th century: from French, literally ‘not being concerned’, from the verb nonchaloir.
Nonchalant in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Nitish stays nonchalant. Chief minister Nitish Kumar today said he had more important things on his plate than pondering over “anyone’s” words.
- Worrying percentage of students nonchalant about cyber security.
- LeSean McCoy nonchalant about civil suit.
- There is still a nonchalant attitude toward marijuana use by young persons at the high school level for sure.
- The actress said her director’s nonchalant attitude was cultural.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonchalant
- nonchalant = non + challenge (koi matlab hi nahi hai)
- (verb) take small bites out of; “he nibbled a biscuit”
- (informal) show cautious interest in a commercial opportunity;“there’s an American agent nibbling”
- (noun) an act or instance of nibbling.
Nibble meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 15th century: probably of Low German or Dutch origin; compare with Low German nibbeln ‘gnaw’.
Nibble in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Fish pedicures are beauty treatments that use dozens of tiny fish to nibble away dead and hardened skin from the feet.
- Do you have a habit of nibbling on biscuits, nuts, bread and other high-calorie snacks while cooking? Here’s why you need to stop doing that.
- You can nibble on the crispy edges of a hot crepe oozing with chocolate hazelnut spread or billowy whipped cream.
- It is they, not squirrels – who at least occasionally nibble attractively on nuts.
- The key to the work will be a flock of sheep that will nibble unwanted vegetation.
- (noun) a connection or series of connections linking two or more things;“the nexus between industry and political power”
- (noun) a central or focal point;“the nexus of any government in this country is No. 10”
Nexus (नेक्सस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- बंधन, संपर्क, सम्बन्ध, ताल्लुक़, मिलीभगत, सांठ-गांठ
- mid 17th century: from Latin, ‘a binding together’, from nex- ‘bound’, from the verb nectere
Nexus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- ‘Achhe din’ will not arrive, even in Gujarat, until the nexusbetween the ruling class and the mafia is overthrown, said Medha Patka.
- CJP warns of nexus between terrorists, political parties.
- AAP alleges nexus between Sundar Pichai led Google and Modi.
- Army Chief General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday night called for reforms to break the nexusbetween corruption and terrorism.
- There is a nexus between unscrupulous builders, encroachers and officials,” said noted environmentalist K Purushotham Reddy.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nexus
- (noun) a person who does not stay long in the same place; a wanderer;“Dolly was a nomad who had finally taken root in Hawaii”
- (noun) a member of a people that travels from place to place to find fresh pasture for its animals and has no permanent home.
Nomad (नोमैड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 16th century: from French nomade, via Latin from Greek nomas, nomad- ‘roaming in search of pasture’, from the base of nemein ‘to pasture’.
Nomad in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Work from anywhere: What it takes to be a digital nomad.
- A nomadlady breaks down on the dead body of one of the horses killed by army casper in the intervening night of 24 and 25 Sep.
- My routine is similar to that of a nomad.
- Airbnb host Mark recounts how a bizarre experience with his first guests turned him into a voyeur and professional nomad.
- The current generation of digital nomadsprefer to work from anywhere—be it at a café or from the comforts of their own homes.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nomad
- ‘no’ you are ‘mad’ … keeps on roaming from city to city..
- (verb) surprise and confuse (someone) so much that they are unsure how to react; “Diane was nonplussed by such an odd question”
- (noun) a state of being very surprised and confused; “reduced to a perfect nonplus, he rose from his chair”
Nonplus (नान्प्लस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संकोच, परेशानी, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का करना, उलझन में पड़ना
- late 16th century: from Latin non plus ‘not more’. The noun originally meant ‘a state in which no more can be said or done’.
Nonplus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- Ramarajabhushanudu also known as Bhattu Murthy, a serious poet, was seen interjecting with repartee, to nonplus some of his colleagues.
- When the chief of police learned he was about to be arrested, he became nonplussed and refused to answer any questions.
- The inexperienced teenage driver was nonplussed when his car began to slide on the ice.
- Even the experienced doctor was nonplussed when he saw the patient with a chainsaw in his skull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonplus
- nonplus = 9 + plus = +++++++++ sounds confusing nah?