- (verb) surprise and confuse (someone) so much that they are unsure how to react; “Diane was nonplussed by such an odd question”
- (noun) a state of being very surprised and confused; “reduced to a perfect nonplus, he rose from his chair”
Nonplus (नान्प्लस) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- संकोच, परेशानी, हैरान करना, हक्का-बक्का करना, उलझन में पड़ना
- late 16th century: from Latin non plus ‘not more’. The noun originally meant ‘a state in which no more can be said or done’.
Nonplus in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Words like nonplus, dumbfounding, stupefy …all come to life when you are in this part of the world.
- Ramarajabhushanudu also known as Bhattu Murthy, a serious poet, was seen interjecting with repartee, to nonplus some of his colleagues.
- When the chief of police learned he was about to be arrested, he became nonplussed and refused to answer any questions.
- The inexperienced teenage driver was nonplussed when his car began to slide on the ice.
- Even the experienced doctor was nonplussed when he saw the patient with a chainsaw in his skull.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nonplus
- nonplus = 9 + plus = +++++++++ sounds confusing nah?
Nuptial Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(adj) relating to marriage or weddings; “the nuptial festivities”
(noun) a wedding; “Queen Sofia arrived in Mumbai yesterday for her daughter’s nuptials”
Nuptial (नप्शल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
ब्याह, विवाह, शादी, शादी का, वैवाहिक, विवाह संबंधी
- late 15th century: from Old French, or from Latin nuptialis, from nuptiae ‘wedding’, from nubere ‘to wed’; related to nubile.
Nuptial in a sentence (Word usage in recent newspaper)
- 20-year-Old Nigeria International Moses Simon will Today tie the nuptial knot with his fiancee, Ibukun Adenuga in Ibadan.
- After Harbhajan Singh, Rohit Shrama is now all set to tie the nuptial knot with his long time girlfriend Ritika Sajdeh.
- Although contractual marriage is illegal in India, there are some adventurous couples who make this pre-nuptial thing really fun to be in!
- It seems Minaj’s followers favoured the idea of a beach nuptial ceremony.
- Most of the Christian couples prefer to tie the nuptial knot during Christmas.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of nuptial
- Nuptial ~ nuptial(wedding) knot
Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh ties nuptial knot (Oct 30, 2015)
Nerd Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi transalation
- (noun) a foolish or contemptible person who lacks social skills or is boringly studious.“I was a serious nerd until I discovered girls and cars”
- (noun) an intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession
Nerd (नर्ड) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पढ़ाकू,बुद्धिमान किंतु एकनिष्ठ व्यक्ति,बेवकूफ व्यक्ति,असामाजिक किंतु तेज दिमाग व्यक्ति
Nerd in a news sentence
Epic Rap Battle: Nerd vs. Geek – Must Watch
Narcissist Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with funny picture
- (noun) a person who is overly self-involved, and often vain and selfish
Narcissist (नार्सिसिस्ट) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
Narcissist in a sentence
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Narcissist
- contains NAR(in hindi it means nari…ie a LADY)..and ladies are fond of themselves and like self praise …hence narcissist….NO OFFENCE to fellow women..[;)]
Are You A Narcissist? – TEST
Nocturnal Vocab meme + 1 Vocabulary Word to your Word list
Nocturnal [nok-tur-nl] (adjective)
- belonging to or active during the night
- of or relating to or occurring in the night
Nocturnal meaning in Hindi
Nocturnal word usage in recent news (Nocturnal in a sentence)
Mnemonic trick to remember nocturnal meaning
- nocturnal=no+c+turn+al….you cannot see all turns at night….so must be active thru out nite while driving – by email@example.com
How to pronounce nocturnal
Why do some animals stay up at night?