Pandemic Vocab meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world; “the disease is pandemic in Africa”
- (noun) an outbreak of a pandemic disease; “the AIDS pandemic”
Pandemic (पैन्डेमिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सर्वव्यापी महामारी, आम, देशव्यापी, विश्वव्यापी, सर्वव्यापी
- mid 17th century: from Greek pandēmos (from pan ‘all’ + dēmos ‘people’) + -ic.
Pandemic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is now considered a pandemic.
- The real issue… is the protection of vulnerable women and children and an endeavour to cure the pandemic.
- Experts: Zika Virus has explosive pandemic potential.
- Will we ever be able to treat cancer for US$1 a day? The world is headed towards cancer pandemic.
- Diabetes has been recognized as a global pandemic and the latest numbers paint a startling picture.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pandemic
- pandemic,epidemic,endemic….say pandemic is whole world,epidemic whole country and endemic is for a city or particular in a community.
Affirm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) state emphatically or publicly; “he affirmed that they would lend military assistance”
- (verb) declare one’s support for; uphold; defend; “the charter affirmed the right of national minorities to use their own language”
- (law) accept or confirm the validity of (a judgement or agreement); ratify;”the Court of Appeal affirmed a decision of the High Court”
- (law) make a formal declaration rather than taking an oath; “he refused to take the oath but chose simply to affirm on being admitted to the Privy Council”
- (verb) offer (someone) emotional support or encouragement; “there are five common ways parents fail to affirm their children”
Affirm (अफर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, पुष्टि करना, प्रतिज्ञान करना, अनुमोदन करना, दावे से कहना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘make firm’): via Old French from Latin affirmare, from ad- ‘to’ + firmus ‘strong’.
Affirm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- In fact, every industry statesman will affirm that leadership centred around values is inevitable for the building of a legacy.
- As a litterateur, I affirm that the current so-called “intolerance” by regional and nation media is of no help.
- YSR Congress MLAs affirm faith in Jagan’s leadership.
- The violent battle on 22 March in Hyderabad University seems part of an ongoing coordinated action to affirm dominance and power.
- Ask firmly, negotiate smartly, affirm gently, and settle happily!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affirm
- Affirm = A + ‘firm’ statement
You Must Affirm What You Want! (Law Of Attraction)
Hurl Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) throw or impel (someone or something) with great force; “rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen”
- (verb) utter (abuse) vehemently; “the demonstrators hurled abuse at councillors”
- (informal) vomit; “you make me want to hurl”
- (informal) (noun) a ride in a vehicle; a lift; “hey pal, any chance of a hurl?”
Hurl (हर्ल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जोर से फेंकना, जोर से चिल्लाना
- Middle English: probably imitative, but corresponding in form and partly in sense with Low German hurreln.
Hurl in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Gold traders hurl black flags at Sushma Swaraj’s car.
- A few minutes later, they returned to the spot and hurled stones at the car and fled the scene.
- Mandya municipal councillors hurl abuses, come to blows.
- ‘Go Raksha’ activists hurl shoe at Kanhaiya.
- I’m also able to hurl myself around the station, though most of the time I only succeed in propelling myself away from the station.
Shoe hurled at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (Breaking News)
Embargo Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an official ban on trade or other commercial activity with a particular country
(noun) an official ban on any activity
(verb) impose an official ban on (trade or a country or commodity)
Embargo (एम्बार्गो) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
अधिरोध, प्रतिबंध, व्यापार घाट बंदी, व्यापार प्रतिरोघ, व्यापार रोक, अधिरोधन, प्रतिषेध
- early 17th century: from Spanish, from embargar ‘arrest’, based on Latin in- ‘in, within’ + barra ‘a bar’
Embargo in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Have not imposed any embargo on supplies to Nepal: India
- President Barack Obama wants to see an end to the US trade embargo against the communist-ruled island.
- US Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday called on his country’s lawmakers to lift the five-decade-old trade embargo against Cuba.
- Russia’s food embargo involves a one-year ban on meat, fish, dairy, fruit and vegetable imports from certain countries.
- he Excise department has put an embargo on the sale of liquor for four days between October 21 and October 24 due to Durga Puja.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of embargo
- embargo = bar + go = ban on bars
The History Of America’s Cuba Embargo
Perjury Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the offence of willfully telling an untruth or making a misrepresentation under oath
Perjury (पर्जरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झूठी गवाही, शपथभंग, शपथ पर मिथ्या साक्ष्य
- late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French perjurie, from Latin perjurium ‘false oath’, from the verb perjurare
Perjury in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- The BCCI president told Raman that it is his request to Srinivasan that he withdraws the PIL regarding allegations of perjury against Anurag.
- Former New Zealand cricketer Chris Cairns’s perjury trial starts on Monday in London.
- The husband then filed a plea against the court’s interim maintenance order, saying that his wife has committed perjury.
- Woman convicted for perjury in rape case.
- A Delhi court while acquitting a man of rape charges, has ordered perjury proceedings against the woman.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Perjury
- per + jury = jury ke saamne “per” “per” karna (jhoot bolna)
Police Chief Guilty Of Perjury