- (adj) unable to pay debts owed. “the company became insolvent”
- (adj) relating to insolvency. “insolvent liquidation”
Insolvent meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- दिवालियापन, ऋणशोधनाक्षम, दरिद्र, दिवालिया
Insolvent in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- Time for Insolvency of airlines : Jet Airways a lesson!, Assuming that Jet goes for insolvency, some of the issues that shall crop … Air Deccan, Air India Cargo, Indian Airlines and Sahara Airlines.
- File for bankruptcy to become debt-free, If you live in Mumbai, Kolkata or Chennai, you will be governed by the Presidency Towns Insolvency Act, 1909; for all other places in India, you …
- RCom to go for insolvency as it fails to repay debt, Reliance Communications has decided to opt for insolvency proceedings following its failure to sell assets for paying back its lenders, the Anil ..
- India: Insolvency Laws For Corporate Persons: Position Under …, India: Insolvency Laws For Corporate Persons: Position Under Companies Act, 2013 Vis-À-Vis Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 …
- Husbands Go ‘Insolvent‘, Live in ‘Penury’ When Wives Seek …, New Delhi: When estranged wives ask for maintenance, husbands start saying they are living in penury or have gone insolvent, the Supreme …
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Insolvent
- in + solvent = one who cant solve his debts.
- there is a saying in hindi ‘karz me doobna’…an insolvent person has not yet dissolved but has high probability of dissolving
- (verb) jump or dive quickly and energetically; “Joy stripped her clothes off and plunged into the sea”
- (verb) fall suddenly and uncontrollably; “the aircraft plunged to the ground”
- (verb) embark impetuously on a speech or course of action; “he came to a decision, and plunged on before he had time to reconsider it”
- (verb) suffer a rapid decrease in value; “shares in the company plunged 18p on news that profits had fallen”
- (verb) (of a ship) pitch; “the ship plunged through the 20-foot seas”
- (verb) (of a horse) rear violently; “the frightened horse plunged and bolted”
- (verb) push or thrust quickly; “he plunged his hands into his pockets”
- (verb) quickly immerse in liquid; “plunge the pears into a bowl of cold water”
- (verb) suddenly bring into a specified condition or state; “the room was plunged into darkness”
- (verb) sink (a pot containing a plant) in the ground; “pot up and plunge spring-flowering bulbs”
- (noun) an act of jumping or diving into water; “a plunge into the deep end of the pool”
- (noun) a swift and drastic fall in value or amount; “the central bank declared a 76% plunge in its profits”
- take the plunge — commit oneself to a course of action about which one is nervous;“she wondered whether to enter for the race, but decided to take the plunge”
Plunge (प्लन्ज) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi meaning)
- गोता, छलांग, डुबकी, प्रवेश, तैरने का तालाब, कूद, डुबाना, डूबना, प्रवेश करना, गोता लगाना, किसी काम में मग्न हो जाना, झटके से डालना, उछाल आना, ग़ोता लगाना, कूदना
- late Middle English: from Old French plungier ‘thrust down’, based on Latin plumbum ‘lead, plummet’.
Plunge in a sentence (word usage in recent Hindu newspaper)
- More than 250 people took the plunge at Lake Fenton.
- Political donations plunge to $16.7m – down from average $25ma year.
- Temperatures to plunge to -5.
- Big Oil Companies Finished 2018 Strong Despite Plunge in Oil Prices.
- In Spain, international adoptions plunge while surrogacy grows.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of plunge
- sound like “put lung in water”
Pandemic Vocab meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (adj) (of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world; “the disease is pandemic in Africa”
- (noun) an outbreak of a pandemic disease; “the AIDS pandemic”
Pandemic (पैन्डेमिक) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- सर्वव्यापी महामारी, आम, देशव्यापी, विश्वव्यापी, सर्वव्यापी
- mid 17th century: from Greek pandēmos (from pan ‘all’ + dēmos ‘people’) + -ic.
Pandemic in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- It is now considered a pandemic.
- The real issue… is the protection of vulnerable women and children and an endeavour to cure the pandemic.
- Experts: Zika Virus has explosive pandemic potential.
- Will we ever be able to treat cancer for US$1 a day? The world is headed towards cancer pandemic.
- Diabetes has been recognized as a global pandemic and the latest numbers paint a startling picture.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of pandemic
- pandemic,epidemic,endemic….say pandemic is whole world,epidemic whole country and endemic is for a city or particular in a community.
Affirm Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) state emphatically or publicly; “he affirmed that they would lend military assistance”
- (verb) declare one’s support for; uphold; defend; “the charter affirmed the right of national minorities to use their own language”
- (law) accept or confirm the validity of (a judgement or agreement); ratify;”the Court of Appeal affirmed a decision of the High Court”
- (law) make a formal declaration rather than taking an oath; “he refused to take the oath but chose simply to affirm on being admitted to the Privy Council”
- (verb) offer (someone) emotional support or encouragement; “there are five common ways parents fail to affirm their children”
Affirm (अफर्म) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- मान लेना, स्वीकार करना, पुष्टि करना, प्रतिज्ञान करना, अनुमोदन करना, दावे से कहना
- Middle English (in the sense ‘make firm’): via Old French from Latin affirmare, from ad- ‘to’ + firmus ‘strong’.
Affirm in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- In fact, every industry statesman will affirm that leadership centred around values is inevitable for the building of a legacy.
- As a litterateur, I affirm that the current so-called “intolerance” by regional and nation media is of no help.
- YSR Congress MLAs affirm faith in Jagan’s leadership.
- The violent battle on 22 March in Hyderabad University seems part of an ongoing coordinated action to affirm dominance and power.
- Ask firmly, negotiate smartly, affirm gently, and settle happily!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of affirm
- Affirm = A + ‘firm’ statement
You Must Affirm What You Want! (Law Of Attraction)
Hurl Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (verb) throw or impel (someone or something) with great force; “rioters hurled a brick through the windscreen”
- (verb) utter (abuse) vehemently; “the demonstrators hurled abuse at councillors”
- (informal) vomit; “you make me want to hurl”
- (informal) (noun) a ride in a vehicle; a lift; “hey pal, any chance of a hurl?”
Hurl (हर्ल) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- जोर से फेंकना, जोर से चिल्लाना
- Middle English: probably imitative, but corresponding in form and partly in sense with Low German hurreln.
Hurl in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- Gold traders hurl black flags at Sushma Swaraj’s car.
- A few minutes later, they returned to the spot and hurled stones at the car and fled the scene.
- Mandya municipal councillors hurl abuses, come to blows.
- ‘Go Raksha’ activists hurl shoe at Kanhaiya.
- I’m also able to hurl myself around the station, though most of the time I only succeed in propelling myself away from the station.
Shoe hurled at Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal (Breaking News)