Parlance Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) a manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language
Parlance (पार्लन्स) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- late 16th century (denoting speech or debate): from Old French, from parler ‘speak’, from Latin parabola ‘comparison’ (in late Latin ‘speech’).e
Parlance in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- The Punjab government has instructed all department heads to forbid the use of words ‘Harijan’ and ‘Girijan’ in official parlance.
- What really happened: First of all, you’ll want to call them droids, not robots, in keeping with Star Wars parlance.
- In contemporary financial parlance, a start-up that achieves a valuation of one billion dollars is referred to as a unicorn.
- The symbol is pronounced manji in Japanese parlance, the BBC report added.
- UP is known for several such criminals, or Dons in local parlance.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Parlance
- Parlance = PARticular + LANguage
gangs of wasseypur parlance
Petrify Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(verb) make (someone) so frightened that they are unable to move; “the thought of speaking in public petrified her”
(verb) change into stone; “the petrified remains of prehistoric animals”
Petrify (पेट्रफाइ) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- पत्थर बनाना, कड़ा बनाना, पत्थर हो जाना, हक्का बक्का कर देना, हाथ पाँव फुला देना
- late Middle English: from French pétrifier, from medieval Latin petrificare, from Latin petra ‘rock’, from Greek.
Petrify in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- Mathematics used to petrify IT minister K.T. Rama Rao when he was a student.
- He was always good at mimicry and would often accompany the shadows with scary noises that used to petrify me.
- Well, I think this blast, just a few days before the New Year, is clearly an attempt to petrify people who visit Church Street.
- His presence in a press room, in a stadium or a restaurant, is enough to petrify anyone in the first instance.
- My parents used to petrify us with stories when we were children!
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of petrify
I Am Petrified Of Making Mistakes In Front Of The Camera : Amitabh Bachchan
Predator Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
(noun) an animal that naturally preys on others; “wolves are major predators of small mammals”
(noun) a person who ruthlessly exploits others; “a sexual predator”
Predator meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
परभक्षी, लुटेरा, हिंस्त्र, दरिंदा
- 1920s: from Latin praedator ‘plunderer’, from praedat- ‘seized as plunder’, from the verb praedari
Predator in a sentence (word usage in recent newspaper)
- On Sunday, Danczuk’s first wife told the Mail on Sunday that the MP was a sexual predator.
- Snakes with this body form tend to be slow moving, and can thus not rely on speed to escape from predators.
- The puff adder is a relatively thick meter-long snake that makes its living as an ambush predator.
- The sexual predator, who has been arrested and identified as Mohammad Akram Khan, claims that the girl had approached him.
- Though the lion is a great predator, its encounters with crocodiles are rare.
How Predator Should Have Ended
Perjury Vocab Meme Dictionary – English to Hindi translation with picture dictionary
- (noun) the offence of willfully telling an untruth or making a misrepresentation under oath
Perjury (पर्जरी) meaning in Hindi (English to Hindi Dictionary)
- झूठी गवाही, शपथभंग, शपथ पर मिथ्या साक्ष्य
- late Middle English: from Anglo-Norman French perjurie, from Latin perjurium ‘false oath’, from the verb perjurare
Perjury in a sentence (word usage in newspaper)
- The BCCI president told Raman that it is his request to Srinivasan that he withdraws the PIL regarding allegations of perjury against Anurag.
- Former New Zealand cricketer Chris Cairns’s perjury trial starts on Monday in London.
- The husband then filed a plea against the court’s interim maintenance order, saying that his wife has committed perjury.
- Woman convicted for perjury in rape case.
- A Delhi court while acquitting a man of rape charges, has ordered perjury proceedings against the woman.
Mnemonic trick to remember the meaning of Perjury
- per + jury = jury ke saamne “per” “per” karna (jhoot bolna)
Police Chief Guilty Of Perjury